Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

I am interested in the answers from a question already

Customer Question

I am interested in the answers from a question already posted by PDTax. Is that possible?LESSON 6, PROBLEM #2
Allan owns all of the stock of CadyCo. The stock’s basis is $100,000. CadyCo has a total of current and accumulated earnings and profits of $50,000. CadyCo distributes $200,000 cash to Allan “with respect to his stock” (i.e., as a state law “dividend”). How is the $200,000 taxed? What is Allan’s stock basis after the distribution? Alternatively, CadyCo distributes to Allan his note to CadyCo for $200,000 borrowed from CadyCo.LESSON 6, PROBLEM #3
Assumptions: The stock of ChadCo is owned equally by two shareholders: SecondCo (a corporation) and Arnold (an individual). ChadCo and SecondCo use the accrual method, Arnold uses the cash method. All use a calendar taxable year. Assume § 1059 does not apply. Use a 34 percent corporate tax rate in this problem. During the current year, ChadCo accrued income and expenses as follows:
Gross income from business $500,000
Dividends on AT&T stock (consider § 243) 100,000
Interest on municipal bonds (§ 103) 100,000
Capital gain 100,000Total $800,000Deductible § 162(a)(l) business expenses $430,000
Noncapital expenses not deductible under § 162(e) 90,000
Capital losses (see § 1211(a)) 146,000
Total $666,000Net $134,000(1) On December 24 of the preceding year, SecondCo and Arnold incorporated ChadCo and capitalized ChadCo with cash of $100,000 each. On December 31 of that preceding year, SecondCo and Arnold received distributions from ChadCo of $5,000 each; ChadCo did not earn any income for that year. In addition, SecondCo and Arnold received distributions of $5,000 each, in the current year.
Which distributions should be gross income to SecondCo and Arnold, in what amounts, and why? What does E&P have to do with this?(2)Alternative: Arnold just bought the ChadCo shares on December 30 of the current year from another shareholder for FMV of $145,000, before the declaration and payment of a $5,000 distribution to Arnold on December 31 of the current year.Should the distribution be taxable income to Arnold? Why?(3)Now assume that SecondCo’s basis in its ChadCo stock is $100,000 and Arnold’s basis in his ChadCo stock is $40,000. On January 2 of the current taxable year, ChadCo distributes $100,000 in cash to SecondCo and $100,000 in cash to Arnold. As of the end of the preceding taxable year, ChadCo’s accumulated E&P was zero.What are the tax consequences of this distribution to ChadCo, SecondCo, and Arnold? [Hint: First compute ChadCo’s current-year taxable income and then compute current- year E&P before reducing the E&P for the distribution (“interim E&P”); after reducing for the distribution, compute final accumulated E&P.](4) Variation: Assume Arnold’s shares were owned by a different shareholder every quarter and $50,000 was distributed ratably to all shareholders quarterly?How much dividend would SecondCo and the holders of Arnold’s shares receive?(5) Suppose under the basic facts in (3) above that ChadCo had an accumulated deficit of $100,000 in its E&P account as of December 31 of the preceding taxable year.(6) If, on December 1 of the current year (the declaration date), ChadCo’s board of directors voted to pay the $200,000 distribution by mailing the checks on December 31 of the current taxable year (the payment date, the identification of which is a practice generally used only by widely held corporations) to shareholders of record on December l5 of the current taxable year (the record date), such checks actually being received by SecondCo and Arnold in the mail on January 2 of the next year? Assume that SecondCo and Arnold are the public and that they are the only shareholders (as in the basic facts).How would your answer to (3) above change?(7) Suppose that SecondCo is an individual and that ChadCo has always been an S corporation.What is ChadCo’s E&P‘? How is each shareholder’s personal income tax return affected for the current year by the tax items of ChadCo? How will ChadCo distribution of $100,000 to each shareholder in the current year affect shareholders?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Essays
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer,

These are a lot of questions, however I can help you. I will make you an offer for a little more credit on top of what you have already paid to complete these questions. If you accept, I can have it done by Wednesday (no later). If you do not accept the offer we can negotiate.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PDTax has already answered these questions. Is there any way PDTax can work with me?

Dear Customer,

I will opt out of this question so that PDTax can help you. Sorry if I interrupted your work with PDTax. Please bear in mind that I am opting out.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok Thank you
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 month ago.

Hi. PDtax here. Thanks for asking for me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You had answer the same questions back in 2014. I was wondering if I could get the same answers. I struggling with some of the concepts.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PDtax will you be able to help?
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, I don't have a copy of the project from 2014.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You don't need it. I have posted all the information in my question.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 month ago.

I can't help you for the price posted. I'll opt out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How much would you charge?