Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

The article: Third World Families at Work: Child Labor or

Customer Question

The article: Third World Families at Work: Child Labor or Child care? by Martha NicholsI need to answer this :1. Problem: Identify the ethical dilemma at hand.
2. Stakeholders: Identify the stakeholders involved in the ethical issue and the potential impact of the ethical dilemma to each stakeholder.
3. Approach: State the ethical theory being used (i.e., deontological, virtue, consequentialism).
4. Ramifications: Identify the ramifications of various solutions.
5. Position: Defend your chosen position with adequate reasoning.The questions 3 match 5, I need to choose one of them
Focus: Action
Deontological ethics – “unbreakable rules” – deontology or duty ethics
Downside: rules may not be broken, even if breaking them may improve an outcome.
1. Deontology – An action is morally right if it is in agreement with moral rules/norms.
2. Kantian theory – (developed by Immannual Kant) –A man should place a moral norm upon himself and obey it. This is his duty. He should then, on his own, be able to determine through reasoning what is morally correct.Focus: Actor
Virtue ethics – The actor should base his actions on the right virtues. So, the central theme in virtue ethics is shaping people into morally good and responsible creatures.
1. Virtue ethics – What would a “good person” do in specific real-life situations? Refers to timeless and cross-cultural virtues such as courage, temperance, wisdom, justice, faith and charity.
2. Aristotelianism – every moral virtue is positioned somewhere between two extremes. The correct moral virtue equals the optimal balance between the two extremes.Focus: Consequence
Consequentialism– the ends justify the means.
Utilitarianism - The consequences of actions are measured against one value. This “useful” value can be something like happiness, welfare or pleasure. It should be maximized.
Promotes good or valued ends, rather than using the right means. Work for those outcomes that will give the most advantage to the majority of those affected in the most impartial way possible.
Downside: How do you measure pleasure? Each individual is different. Happiness isn’t divided fairly. Should the entertainer work endlessly just because he makes many people happy?Ethical theories may function as instruments in discovering the ethical aspects of a problem/situation. Similarly, they may suggest certain arguments/reasons that can play a role in moral judgments
Category: Essays
Expert:  Judy Bailey replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to help. I'm not quite clear on what you mean by 3 match 5.

Also, when do you need this and is there a length requirement.

Judy

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello, the questions 3, i need to use one of the ethical theory and i need to explain my answer in the question 5 about this theory
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need this for today at midnight
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no there is not a lenght requiremnt
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
if you need the article, let me know, i can send you

So sorry ... I cannot complete this in such a short time.

I will opt out and hopefully another tutor can assist you.

Judy

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok