Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

I'm doing my ethics paper and I have no idea how to start it

Customer Question

hi I'm doing my ethics paper and I have no idea how to start it
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: I will send you the document
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?
Customer: Ethics and Activity-Based Management
***** *****m, the cost accountant for Hi-Power Mower Company, recently installed activity-based costing at Hi-Power’s St. Louis lawn tractor (riding mower) plant where three models, - the 8-horsepower Bladerunner, the 12-horsepower Quickcut, and the 18-horsepwoer Supercut – are manufactured. Marcus’s new product costs for those three models show that the company’s traditional costing system had been significantly undercosting the 18-horsepower Supercut. This was due primarily to the lower sales volume of the Supercut compared to the Bladerunner and the Quickcut.
Before completing his analysis and reporting these results to management, Marcus is approached by his friend Ray Pon, who is the production manager for the 18-horsepower Supercut model. Ray has heard from one of Marcus’s staff about the new product costs and is upset and worried for his job because the new costs show the Supercut to be losing, rather than making, money.
At First Ray condemns the new cost system, whereupon Marcus explains the practice of activity-based costing and why it is more accurate than the company’s present system. Even more worried now, Ray begs Marcus, “Massage the figures just enough to save the line from being discontinued. You don’t want me to lose my job do you? Anyway, nobody will know.”
Marcus ponders the comments from his friend Ray and wonders what he should do.
In a single-spaced document with a maximum length of 2 pages, answer the following concisely but thoroughly:
(a) Discuss the significance of ethics in managerial accounting. Why is it important? Structure your response in terms of the principles (not the standards) that managerial accountants agree to uphold as stated in the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice that we discussed in class (page 12 of your textbook). Be sure to include all 4 principles.(b) Who are the stakeholders that are affected by Marcus’s actions? Be specific and indicate how they are impacted (positively or negatively) and why.(c) What are Marcus’s ethical obligations to the company? To his friend?(d) Using the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice, identify the standards that Marcus would violate should he go along with Ray’s request. Be specific and explain why the standard would be violated.(e) How could Marcus help his friend yet still uphold his ethical obligations?(f) If you were Marcus, what would you do?
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next business test. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Essays
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need my answers as soon as possible please
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to or and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?