PDtax
PDtax, Other
Experience:  Former college instructor and tutor. MBA/CPA credentials.
64119565

You are the partner-in-charge of a large metropolitan office

Customer Question

You are the partner-in-charge of a large metropolitan office of a regional public accounting firm. Two members of your professional staff have come to you to discuss problems that may affect the firm’s independence. Neither of these situations has been specifically answered by the AICPA Professional Ethics Division. Therefore, you must reach your own conclusions as to what to advise your staff members, and what actions, if any, are to be taken by the firm.Case 1: ***** *****, a partner in the firm, has recently moved into a condominium that he shares with his girlfriend, Joan Scott. Moore owns the condominium and pays all the expenses relating to its maintenance. Otherwise, the two are self-supporting. Scott is a stockbroker, and recently she has started acquiring shares in one of the audit clients of this office of the public accounting firm. The shares are held in Scott’s name. At present, the shares are not material in relation to her net worth.Case 2: ***** *****, a new staff auditor with the firm, has recently separated from her husband. Mary has filed for divorce, but the divorce cannot become final for at least five months. The property settlement is being bitterly contested. Mary’s husband has always resented her professional career and has just used community property to acquire one share of common stock in each of the publicly owned companies audited by the office in which Mary works.For each case, you are to:Set forth arguments indicating that the firm’s independence has not been impaired.
Set forth arguments indicating that the firm’s independence has been impaired.
Express your personal opinion. Identify those arguments from part (a) or part (b) that you found most persuasive. If you believe that the firm’s independence has been impaired, make suggestions about how the problem might be resolved.Your paper should be 3-4 pages in length. Follow APA format
Category: Essays
Expert:  PDtax replied 7 months ago.
Hi. PDtax here. Thanks for asking for me. I can assist, but there's a price adjustment I'll need to ask for to research and write these. I assume the 4 pages is the total response for both. When do you need these? I'll post my Offer once I know your deadline.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
3 pages is fine for the total response and need it 5 days by the end of Saturday the 14th.Also, great job on other assignments, got some great grades on those. Thanks!
Expert:  PDtax replied 7 months ago.
I'll post an offer for the projects. Let me know. PDtax PS Thanks for the feedback.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello,That is out of my price range. Thanks!
Expert:  PDtax replied 7 months ago.
sorry we couldn't make a deal. I'll opt out. I see some new accounting experts, so other auditing authors can look in.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, thank you!
Expert:  PDtax replied 7 months ago.
Hi again. PDtax here. I was just checking in to see if you were helped.If you still want help, let's see if we can review the pricing.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I have not received an help from other experts. If you can quote a better price I will let you know if it fits my budget. Thank you for following up!
Expert:  PDtax replied 7 months ago.
I'll drop my price by $20. Please let me know today, as i will need to schedule other projects if we don't make a deal. PDtax
Expert:  PDtax replied 7 months ago.
I'll need you to reject my original offer, as the system is not allowing me to post a second offer without rejection of the first.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not know how to reject the offer as I don't see it anymore. Thanks for the second offer but I will have to decline. Thanks again!