Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Professor
Experience:  PhD in English Language and Literature
93876912

Choose a leader from history whom you admire. Similarly to

Customer Question

Choose a leader from history whom you admire. Similarly to the Barnes, Humphreys, Oyler, Pane Haden, and Novicevic
(2013) article that profiles ***** *****, discuss which leadership style discussed in this unit was employed by your
admired leader. Begin with a summary of the approaches and theories discussed in this unit.
Be sure to include the following in your essay:
 Summarize Bass’ leadership approaches.
 Summarize the follower-focused leadership theories: servant leadership, authentic leadership, and leadermember
exchange (LMX).
 Discuss the concept of leadership and the importance of leadership, and explain why you selected the style you
chose for your leader.
 Discuss the appropriateness or inappropriateness of the style exhibited by the leader you selected.
Your paper should be at least two pages in length.
You must also use three outside sources
Category: Essays
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mr. Jones, I would be delighted to assist you with this project Could you provide me with some additional information regarding your choice of leader and your ideas for this essay? How long does your essay need to be and when do you need it? I look forward to working with you on this project! Best, ***** ***** Beth Miller
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The paper should be at least two pages in length.

The must also use three outside sources

Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mr. Jones,Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! Is there a leader that you prefer to profile and can you tell me a bit about the leadership styles discussed in your class so that we can ensure to meet the summary and assessment component of your essay? May I ask what textbook you are using for your course and what chapters/readings this assignment covers? Finally, when do we need to have your essay completed?I look forward to working with you!Best,Beth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have a preferences on the leader, their also is no textbook for the class, here are the references that we were encouraged to read. The assignment is due by the 26th.

Locate and read pages 741-756 (pages 1-16 in the PDF) of the following article on leadership: Barnes, B., Humphreys, J. H., Oyler, J. D., Pane Haden, S.,S., & Novicevic, M. M. (2013). Transcending the power of hierarchy to facilitate shared leadership. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 34(8), 741-762. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/LODJ-01-2012-0015

Locate the following article, and read pages 1-4, through the section titled “Multidimensional Measure of Leader-Member Exchange (LMX-MDM)”: Herrera, R., & Duncan, P. (2015). Collectivism and religious affiliation as predictors of the multidimensional measure of leader-member exchange (LMX-MDM). Journal of Diversity Management (Online), 10(1), 1-12.

Locate the following article, and read pages 502-506 (pages 1-5 in the PDF), through the section titled “The Leadership/ Management Discourse”: Marshall, S. G. (2012). Educational middle change leadership in New Zealand: The meat in the sandwich. The International Journal of Educational Management, 26(6), 502-528. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/09513541211251361

Locate the following article, and read pages 205-206 (pages 5-6 in the PDF), through the section titled “Leadership Theory”: Rothfelder, K., Ottenbacher, M. C., & Harrington, R. J. (2012). The impact of transformational, transactional and non-leadership styles on employee job satisfaction in the German hospitality industry. Tourism and Hospitality Research, 12(4), 201-214. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1467358413493636

Locate and read pages 1-10 of the following article on leadership: Sohmen, V. S. (2015). Reflections on creative leadership. International Journal of Global Business, 8(1), 1-14.

Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mr. Jones, Thank you for this follow-up information! I will have this to you Monday. Will this suffice? And do you have any special instructions or additional requests? I look forward to working with you on this! Best, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Beth

Thank you monday is fine.

Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mr. Jones,Sounds great! Thank you! I'm going to begin working on this now--just a couple more quick questions: Do you have a grading rubric or any information regarding the grading criteria? Also, what class is this for, exactly? (I ask to ensure that my tone and content are appropriate for the course and the academic level. Thanks so much! Best,Dr. Beth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Beth

It's a class on leadership.

Introduction--

Levels of Achievement:
Level 1 0 (0%) - 11 (11%)

Presents little to no coherent information on the topic to engage the reader in the paper. Components of the thesis and/or summary of main points may be missing. The point of view may be unclear or too general. Provides no road map for the paper or provides one that does not accurately reflect the paper’s content.

Level 2 12 (12%) - 13 (13%)

Fails to provide enough background to truly engage the reader in the topic. Presents the essay’s thesis and a summary of main points so that the writer’s point of view or interpretation is fairly clear, but several components may be missing. Provides a road map for the paper that may require a lot of work.

Level 3 14 (14%) - 15 (15%)

Somewhat engages the reader with background information on the paper topic. Presents the essay’s thesis and a summary of main points so that the writer’s point of view or interpretation is somewhat clear, but a few components may be missing. Provides a road map for the paper that may need some work.

Level 4 16 (16%) - 17 (17%)

Mostly engages the reader with some form of creative “hook” and basic background information on the paper topic. Presents the essay’s thesis and a summary of the main points, mostly clarifying the writer’s point of view or interpretation, but a component may be lacking or need work. Provides a fairly clear road map for the paper either in the thesis statement or body of the introduction.

Level 5 18 (18%) - 20 (20%)

Engages the reader in the topic with some form of creative “hook” (such as a story, quote, example, etc.) and provides a clear background for the topic so that readers can gain an understanding of the purpose of the paper. Clearly presents the essay’s thesis and a summary of the main points that clarify the writer’s point of view. Provides a clear road map for the paper either in the thesis statement or body of introduction.

Quality of Discussion--

Levels of Achievement:
Level 1 0 (0%) - 26 (26%)

Unclear, often because thesis is weak or nonexistent. Few to no topic sentences. Little or no evidence of critical thinking. Transitions are weak and often confusing.

Level 2 27 (27%) - 31 (31%)

Generally unclear, often wanders or jumps around. Little critical thinking is evident. Some transitions may be missing or weak. Several paragraphs may lack strong topic sentences.

Level 3 32 (32%) - 35 (35%)

Fairly clear and appropriate, although may wander occasionally. Shows an effort to think critically. Some transitions may be weak. A few paragraphs may lack strong topic sentences.

Level 4 36 (36%) - 40 (40%)

Mostly clear and appropriate, although may wander occasionally. Provides evidence of critical thinking. Transitions are adequate. One or two paragraphs may lack strong topic sentences.

Level 5 41 (41%) - 45 (45%)

Clear and appropriate. Provides strong evidence of critical thinking. Makes use of excellent transitions. Paragraphs contain strong topic sentences.

Organization--

Levels of Achievement:
Level 1 0 (0%) - 8 (8%)

The organization is hard to follow; ideas are not linked together and/or may be fragmented. Lacking any logical grouping of ideas or transitions from one idea to the next.

Level 2 9 (9%) - 10 (10%)

The organization is mostly unclear and could be arranged in a more logical way. Some ideas are linked together, but some ideas are fragmented. There is little to no grouping of ideas or use of transitions.

Level 3 11 (11%) - 11 (11%)

The organization is fairly clear, but it could be arranged more logically to better support the proposed solution. Ideas are somewhat grouped together with a few transitions between groups.

Level 4 12 (12%) - 13 (13%)

The organization results in clarity and presents mostly logically arranged points to support the proposed solution. Ideas are grouped fairly well, and there are transitions throughout the document.

Level 5 14 (14%) - 15 (15%)

The organization results in clarity and presents logically arranged points to support the proposed solution. Related ideas are well grouped, and transitions between ideas flow smoothly.

Writing Mechanics--

Levels of Achievement:
Level 1 0 (0%) - 5 (5%)

Writing lacks clarity and conciseness. Serious problems with sentence structure and grammar. Numerous major or minor errors in punctuation and/or spelling.

Level 2 6 (6%) - 6 (6%)

Writing lacks clarity or conciseness. Minor problems with sentence structure and some grammatical errors. Several minor errors in punctuation and/or spelling.

Level 3 7 (7%) - 7 (7%)

Writing is somewhat clear and concise. Sentence structure and grammar are strong and mostly correct. Few minor errors in punctuation and/or spelling.

Level 4 8 (8%) - 8 (8%)

Writing is mostly clear and concise. Sentence structure and grammar are strong and mostly correct. Few minor errors in punctuation and/or spelling.

Level 5 9 (9%) - 10 (10%)

Writing is clear and concise. Sentence structure and grammar are excellent. Correct use of punctuation. No spelling errors.

Citations and Formatting--

Levels of Achievement:
Level 1 0 (0%) - 5 (5%)

The majority of sources used are not academically reliable. Reference entries and in-text citations follow APA formatting guidelines, but many errors are present. Several in-text citations do not have references and vice versa.

Level 2 6 (6%) - 6 (6%)

Some peer-reviewed papers are used along with non-academically reliable sources. Reference entries may somewhat follow APA formatting guidelines; several major errors in in-text citations or references may be present. Some in-text citations do not have references and vice-versa.

Level 3 7 (7%) - 7 (7%)

Most sources used are peer-reviewed papers, though two or more sources are not academically reliable. Reference entries and in-text citations show effort to follow APA formatting guidelines; several errors in in-text citations or references may be present. Most in-text citations are referenced and vice versa.

Level 4 8 (8%) - 8 (8%)

The number of sources meets any expressed assignment requirements, and all but one source is a peer-reviewed paper. Reference entries and in-text citations follow APA formatting guidelines fairly well and are usually correct. All in-text citations are referenced and vice versa.

Level 5 9 (9%) - 10 (10%)

The number of sources meets or exceeds any expressed assignment requirements. Every source used is peer-reviewed or academic in nature. Reference entries and in-text citations follow APA formatting guidelines and are free of errors. All in-text citations are referenced and vice versa.

Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.
Erick, Oh, this is tremendously helpful. Thank you! I will have your project to you tomorrow. In the meantime, if you think of anything further you would like for me to know/do, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thanks again and have a terrific day!Best, Beth
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Erick! I hope you are having a wonderful Monday thus far! I just wanted to check in to update you on the status of both of your projects. I am working on them now and progressing very well. I'll have these to you later this evening and, as always, if you have questions or need anything in the meantime, you know right where to reach me! Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you on these projects. It is a pleasure! More soon! ~Best, Beth
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.
Erick, I do apologize! I have had a family emergency which has put me behind on your projects, but I am working on them now and will have them for you overnight tonight so that you can turn these in today, Tuesday, the 26. Thank you for your patience!
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.
Hi Erick! Again, I am so sorry for the delay. Please find your historical leadership paper attached. If you have questions or need any revisions, please don't hesitate to let me know. I hope you like it! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you on this. I hope to work with you again in the future!
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Erick! I hope you are well! I just wanted to touch base to see how you are doing? How has this project been for you? Is there ANYTHING more I can do to assist you? If so, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you again for the opportunity to work with you on this project. It has been a pleasure! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!