Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

You are the manager, a major manufacturer of office

Customer Question

You are the manager for Herman Miller, a major manufacturer of office furniture. You recently hired an economist to work with the engineering and operation experts to estimate the production function for a particular line of office chairs. The relevant production function isQ = 6KL,where Q represents the annual chair production, K represents capital equipment, and L is the number of labor hours worked per year. The marginal products of capital and labor are given as follows:MPK = 6L MPL = 6KWorkers at the firm are paid a competitive wage of $7.50 per hour. The firm estimates a $30 per hour rental rate on capital. The operating budget for capital and labor is $300,000 per year.What is the firm's optimal ratio of labor to capital?
Given the firm's $300,000 budget, how much capital and labor should the firm employ? How much output will the firm produce?
The state is planning to increase the minimum wage from $7.50 an hour to $15 an hour. Assuming that the firm intends to maintain its pre-increase in minimum wage output, how much capital and labor should the firm employ? What happens to the firm's cost as a result of the the increase in minimum wage?
Category: Essays
Expert:  Jawaad Ahmed replied 9 months ago.

Please accept the offer so the answer may be provided, thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't understand what you are offering?

I have sent you the offer please check your mail box, one you accept the offer for increased price according to the question, I will provide you the answer, thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no

Okay and take care.