Judy Bailey
Judy Bailey,
Experience:  Teacher at Sonoma County Schools
46206387

07 February 2016 04:29 I have a paper I have started

Customer Question

07 February 2016 04:29
I have a paper I have started about...
I have a paper I have started about safety; I need some assistance.(2.28 / 3) Includes a Revised Version of...
(2.28 / 3) Includes a Revised Version of the Introduction, Research Question, Background Research, Hypothesis, Research Design, Sampling Plan, Secondary Data Plan, and MeasurementScalesBasic - Includes some of the suggested revisions of the introduction, research question, background research,hypothesis, research design, sampling plan, secondary data plan, and measurement scales. The revised version is underdeveloped.Damaris your hypothesis as stated is actually a Research Proposition which may be true or false subject to a hypothesis test, I see some progress on p.5, but let's go back to the basics. Lets start with the textbook. Section 4.2 provides a good introduction to the concept of the hypothesis test, which I've attempted to illuminate and expand a little. If the discussion still seems vague to you, it's probably time to do some independent research on the subject. I just did a quick search on the topic and hit a virtually reservoir of sources which focus directly upon what we've been talking about in the course. Don't worry, this is just what graduate school is about and you are where should be.For example, go here and this example tutorially provided by PennStatehttps://onlinecourses.science.psu.edu/statprogram/node/138Read through the example. It's good stuff. There are lots of references. Check out a few of them and let me know if you still questions.Dick(2.28 / 3) Describes Plans for Using Observations, Focus Groups, Interviews, or Surveys, Including Whether or Not They Are ApplicableBasic - Partially describes plans for using observations, focus groups, interviews, or surveys, including whether or not they are applicable; however, the plans and/or discussion of whether or not they are applicable are underdeveloped.(1 / 1) Includes an APA-Formatted References ListDistinguished - Uses more than the required number of scholarly sources, providing compelling evidence to support ideas. All sources on the references page are correctly formatted following APA style guidelines.(0.09 / 0.1) Critical Thinking: Explanation of IssuesProficient - Clearly explains the issue to be considered, delivering enough relevant information for an adequate understanding.(0.08 / 0.1) Critical Thinking: EvidenceBasic - Identifies applicable information from credible sources, but may neglect the application of such information toward the analysis of the topic.(0.4 / 0.4) Written Communication: Control of Syntax and MechanicsDistinguished - Displays meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Written work contains no errors and is very easy to understand.(0.2 / 0.2) Written Communication: APA FormattingDistinguished - Accurately uses APA formatting consistently throughout the paper, title page, and reference page.(0.2 / 0.2) Written Communication: Page RequirementDistinguished - The length of the paper is equivalent to the required number of correctly formatted pages.
The Importance of Safer Work Environments 020116.docx
Category: Essays
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This paper is about safety in the workplace.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a paper I have been working on it is about safety in the work place.I need assistance with the hypothesis.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Judy Bailey replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using just answer.

I'll be happy tp help with this.

Can you send the paper and the comments here in a file?

Judy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please see attached.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is his feed back as well as the paper.

Thanks ... I'll get back to you as soon as I have reviewed these.

Judy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is what he wants
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also my hypothesis is wrong idk why

It looks like you have done a great deal of work ... good job.

I can help with the hypothesis as well as editing. When would you need this returned to you?

Judy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its due tonight at midnight, but let me know when you can finish it. If you need until tomorrow it is fine. It needs I believe a graph of a survey being done I said I would survey 30 ppl I believe, but he said making one up is fine for this research as long as it matches the outcome. Also the first hypothesis has to be wrong and the alt has to be right. Idk why I can't make ones correct maybe my research question was to exact maybe that's what's wrong.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A email he sent as well

Thanks ... research hypotheses are difficult for everyone. I have another large project due today. Tomorrow is probably more realistic. I'm not clear on the survey. Are there instructions? Can you tell me which PennState Article he is referring to?

Depending on the depth of the survey, the price for this may have to be increased to $65. You have already paid $50 so it would be another $15.

Judy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My idea was to have 30 people take a short survey so to prove that the alt hypothesis was right. But now I'm just confused.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is what the paper asks for

You need a research hypothesis (null). I can help with this. The reason you need 30 people is that is the typical group which determines whether the hypothesis is accepted.

Have you taken a statistics course? This is where null and alternate hypothesis are learned so that papers can be written testing the hypothesis. For example (your paper) Safety in the workplace has stayed the same ... would be a null hypothesis. If you find that safety in the workplace has either increased or decreased, you would reject your null hypothesis.

I'm going to need to go over the other parts to see if you have completed them.

Judy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Maybe that's why I am so confused I have never taken statistics.All I understand is that my hypothesis are wrong and the alt hypothesis should be the right one for final result. Change whats needed. If you can help this would be great I don't mind paying more.

I cannot look at this until much later this evening. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Judy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will it be able to be done for sometime tomorrow?

I am just getting to it now. When did the instructor return this to you? One day is not very much time to re-work this

Here is your hypothesis:

Voluntary programs on employee safety reduces workplace accidents.

I can't tell from the screenshot you sent what else is missing or what you want to improve. It looks like you have 6.58/8.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
On the attachment document on word that a what I uses and he said it was wrong
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2.28 / 3) Includes a Revised Version of the Introduction, Research Question, Background Research, Hypothesis, Research Design, Sampling Plan, Secondary Data Plan, and Measurement ScalesBasic - Includes some of the suggested revisions of the introduction, research question, background research, hypothesis, research design, sampling plan, secondary data plan, and measurement scales. The revised version is underdeveloped.Damaris your hypothesis as stated is actually a Research Proposition which may be true or false subject to a hypothesis test, I see some progress on p.5, but let's go back to the basics. Lets start with the textbook. Section 4.2 provides a good introduction to the concept of the hypothesis test, which I've attempted to illuminate and expand a little. If the discussion still seems vague to you, it's probably time to do some independent research on the subject. I just did a quick search on the topic and hit a virtually reservoir of sources which focus directly upon what we've been talking about in the course. Don't worry, this is just what graduate school is about and you are where should be.For example, go here and this example tutorially provided by PennStatehttps://onlinecourses.science.psu.edu/statprogram/node/138Read through the example. It's good stuff. There are lots of references. Check out a few of them and let me know if you still questions.Dick(2.28 / 3) Describes Plans for Using Observations, Focus Groups, Interviews, or Surveys, Including Whether or Not They Are ApplicableBasic - Partially describes plans for using observations, focus groups, interviews, or surveys, including whether or not they are applicable; however, the plans and/or discussion of whether or not they are applicable are underdeveloped.(1 / 1) Includes an APA-Formatted References ListDistinguished - Uses more than the required number of scholarly sources, providing compelling evidence to support ideas. All sources on the references page are correctly formatted following APA style guidelines.(0.09 / 0.1) Critical Thinking: Explanation of IssuesProficient - Clearly explains the issue to be considered, delivering enough relevant information for an adequate understanding.(0.08 / 0.1) Critical Thinking: EvidenceBasic - Identifies applicable information from credible sources, but may neglect the application of such information toward the analysis of the topic.(0.4 / 0.4) Written Communication: Control of Syntax and MechanicsDistinguished - Displays meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Written work contains no errors and is very easy to understand.(0.2 / 0.2) Written Communication: APA FormattingDistinguished - Accurately uses APA formatting consistently throughout the paper, title page, and reference page.(0.2 / 0.2) Written Communication: Page RequirementDistinguished - The length of the paper is equivalent to the required number of correctly formatted pages.Overall Score: 6.53 / 8
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
On the paper his is what i used and that was his feedbackThe research question is: Many companies seem to have forgotten just how important safety is. Do voluntary programs on employee safety for employees ultimately bring about a reduction in the workplace accidents?Null Hypothesis: There will be no difference in the number of accidents a work environment documents with employees that voluntarily complete work safety training.Alternative Hypothesis: There will be a significant difference in the number of accidents a work environment documents with employees that voluntarily complete work safety training.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
h said tat was a business poposition which may be true or false subject to a hypothesis test, I see some progress on p.5, but let's go back to the basics. Lets start with the textbook. Section 4.2 provides a good introduction to the concept of the hypothesis test, which I've attempted to illuminate and expand a little. If the discussion still seems vague to you, it's probably time to do some independent research on the subject. I just did a quick search on the topic and hit a virtually reservoir of sources which focus directly upon what we've been talking about in the courseso what I though he was saying was the hythesis were wrong

Yes, you need a null hypothesis ... not all papers use an alternate hypothesis. They just say that the null hypothesis failed or that it was not accepted.

I chose

for the null hypothesis, but it should be the alternate hypothesis. The null should be:

The number of accidents in a work environment is not affected by voluntary programs on employee safety.

Following this, after the research and analysis, you can say that the null hypothesis is rejected rather than saying that the voluntary programs reduce (or increase) the number of accidents in a work environment.

Or you can state the alternative hypothesis

The number of accidents in a work environment is significantly affected by voluntary programs on employee safety.

Either way, good luck to you. I am going to opt out of this question as you need it completed today and I am not clear on your needs.

Judy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When would you be able to have it for?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The corrections are what were due lastnight. The whole paper is due Monday. I would really like you to assist me since you are a research major you have more understanding on these type of papers.

I can help if I have more time. I would need at least tomorrow and possibly Thursday ... will this work for you?

The amount of re-working of your paper is relatively extensive. The price would be $90 ... is that okay?

Judy