Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

My name ***** *****. I am looking easy way to write my Law

Customer Question

Customer: Good evening, My name ***** *****. I am looking for an easy way to write my Law essay.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes- Homer had always dreamed of a vacation cabin in the mountains. After locating and purchasing a level parcel of land in a remote area, Homer contacted Bilda, a local contractor, and asked Bilda to construct a cabin on the property. After a week of negotiations, Homer and Bilda entered into a written contract for the construction of a ten-room cabin. The contract specifications called for the installation of two fireplaces, each with adequate space to burn several two-foot logs, for the purpose of heating the family room area and master bedroom during the cold winter months. The agreed completion date was to be no later than December l because Homer was planning on hosting a late-December family reunion at the cabin. The contract contained express contract provisions to cover all parts of the construction process, but it did not expressly state whether floor and window coverings would be included. Exterior decking and painting was specifically included. The total cost of $200,000 was to be paid by Homer upon completion of the job.Bilda began construction of the cabin on September 15, but (without any legal excuse) walked off the job on November 1. Bilda told Homer, "the job is not going to be profitable" and "besides the trout are biting at Clear Lake." When Homer called in another contractor to complete construction he was truthfully told that: (1) the cabin was only half-completed; (2) the fireplaces were too small and could only hold twelve inch logs and not two-foot logs; and (3) completion of the job including correction of the fireplace problems would take until February 1. The reduced size of the fireplace will make it impossible to maintain a reasonably comfortable temperature in the living area and master bedroom for several months each winter unless an expensive heating system is installed.The cost to replace the two fireplaces to provide the larger two-foot openings will be $20,000 ($10,000 for each fireplace). Homer also obtained several estimates from other contractors. A reasonable estimate for the cost to complete construction of the cabin (not including the cost to replace the two fireplaces) is $110,000. At the time that Bilda stopped construction, Bilda had expended $100,000 for labor and materials. The earliest Homer can now expect completion using another contractor is February 1.Homer now claims that Bilda orally agreed at the time the contract was executed that Bilda promised to obtain and install floor and window coverings as part of the $200,000 contract. Bilda denies that any such oral agreement occurred. Homer obtained estimates and the reasonable cost for the materials and installation of window and floor coverings is $15,000. Homer was forced to rent another cabin to host the December family reunion at a cost of $1,000.Homer sues Bilda for breach of contract. What issues are raised by this suit? Discuss.If the court determines that Bilda breached the Homer/Bilda contract, will Bilda be entitled to any recovery? Discuss.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: What is your time frame?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Essays
Expert:  JaySHarrison replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is Jay. Is this for an undergraduate course or for Law School or graduate school?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Law school

Thank you for answering. At this level of education, it will take additional research and time to find rulings regarding construction and business practices. I am opting out so another Expert may have an opportunity to answer.