Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Dropbox assignment, a primary care physician is often

Customer Question

For your Dropbox assignment, a primary care physician is often reimbursed by Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) via capitation, fee-for-service, relative value scale, or salary. Capitation is considered as a risk based compensation.
In an effort to understand the intricacies involved with physician reimbursement, particularly in an era of health care reform, identify and interview an expert in the field, such as:
Hospital Administrator
Managed Care Organization (MCO) executive
Health care Consultant
Legal Professional
Assumption: MCOs use risk-based reimbursement for primary care physicians.
Ask the following questions in the interview:
What kind of risk do the MCOs assess?
Does risk-based compensation limit the freedom of primary care physicians in any way in terms of patient care? Why or why not?
How does the capitation model of reimbursement work? Do physicians generally prefer one model over the other? Why or why not?
Why do HMOs prefer the prepaid, monthly premium?
Is pay-for-performance a better model than existing models of compensation? Are there limitations to it as well?
Feel free to add additional follow-up quest
Category: Essays
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to help without having additional information?