lkhoward
lkhoward, Master's Degree
Experience:  MEd, BA in English, BBA, 6 years of teaching
58892150

I need help with EN120.4.2 ENGLISH COMPOSITION I some

Customer Question

hi i need help with EN120.4.2 ENGLISH COMPOSITION I some answers and essays.
Category: Essays
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Hi I can probably help you. Can you please post this assignment. Depending on what is needed, the price will have to be adjusted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** the assignments that i need.
Use the following format requirements on all submissions.
Writing Style APA (American Psychological Association)
Note: To find detailed information on APA manuscript style guidelines on the Internet, go to www.apastyle.org.
Margins 1” all sides
Paragraph The entire document should be double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5" x 11")
Headings Bold
Type Style and Size Times New Roman, 12 point
Software MS Word
For Questions 1-5, select the appropriate words for the sentence. (7 points each)1. Although the Smiths had (already, all ready) eaten dinner, they (aloud, allowed) Johnnie to prepare his plate at the stove and join them at the table.2. Sarah (choose, chose) to go on the field trip to Atlanta and was nearly (busting, bursting) with energy as she boarded the bus.3. I believe the paper napkins will (affect, effect) the color scheme you selected for the wedding (regardless, irregardless) of what Ms. Compton says.4. We shall (precede, proceed) with the bake sale, and all (proceeds, proceed) will go to the Children’s Mission.5. “(Can, May) I attend the party with Bert?” I asked Dad. “I (no, know) he’s not (your, you’re) favorite person.”For questions, 6-10, select the correct word for each of the following sentences. (7 points each)6. People can often work (to, two, too) much, which leads to burnout.7. (Your, You’re) understanding of this novel is so (thorough, through, though).8. He (sat, set) the plant on the windowsill so that it could take advantage of the pretty (weather, whether).9. Blake didn’t (no, know) if he (passed, past) his exam.10. You must (accept, except) the fact that his (been, being) here (effects, affects) you greatly.11. In a paragraph, define “plagiarism” (10 points), and discuss two (2) ways to avoid plagiarism in your writing (10 points each). (Possible total of 30 points for #11)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English spelling and grammar. If sources are cited they must be in APA format. Your response should be a maximum of two (2) double-spaced pages in length; refer to the “Assignment Format” page for specific format requirements.The essay writing process: You will write the first draft of a two-paragraph essay plus a conclusion. You may choose one of these essay topics: The career I hope to follow; a special or unusual person; the best or worst teacher I ever had, or the most exciting event in my life. You will be graded on the following:1. A clear thesis statement (10 points)
2. Two topic sentences (one for each paragraph) that express the main idea (15 points each for a possible total of 30 points)
3. The body of each paragraph: Each paragraph should be comprised of a topic sentence (#2 above), supporting details in body sentences (relevant to the topic sentence), and a concluding sentence (20 points each for a possible total of 40 points)
4. The conclusion (10 points)
5. Be sure to proofread carefully, including spell-checking. (10 points).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comparison-Contrast Paragraph: You will write a comparison-contrast paragraph. You may choose any comparison-contrast approach related to persons, places, or things. You must demonstrate mastery of the following in your paragraph, so make sure that the depth (length) of your paragraph is sufficient to demonstrate these concepts:a. Topic Sentence – Be sure this is a general statement that identifies what you will compare and contrast. (10 points)
b. Body Sentences – Be sure to select ideas and write sentences that clearly compare and contrast two persons, places, or things and that are definitely related to the topic sentence. The quality and relationship of these sentences will be evaluated. (30 points)c. Organization/Coherence: In comparison-contrast paragraphs, the organization of the sentences is very important. Be sure that you organize your paragraph in the best way possible. Select transitions for your paragraph that demonstrate your understanding of the order you select. At a minimum, you must use three (3) transitions to demonstrate your understanding of this concept. Highlight these transitions in yellow. (30 points)
d. Language Awareness: Your paragraph should demonstrate an awareness of language usage. For example, your writing should be exact, concise, and fresh. (10 points)e. Concluding Sentence: Be sure to complete your paragraph with a well-written concluding sentence. (10 points)f. Mechanics and Grammar – Be sure that you complete the final step of the writing process: proofreading. Your paragraph should definitely be free from sentence construction errors and should demonstrate correct use of verb tenses, subject-verb agreement, and pronoun use; in addition, it should be spell-checked.
(10 points)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a. Topic Sentence – Be sure this is a general statement that states the person, place, or thing you will describe. Highlight this sentence in aqua blue. (10 points)b. Body Sentences – Be sure to select ideas and write sentences that appeal to the senses (sight, sound, smell, taste, and/or touch) and that are definitely related to the topic sentence. The quality and relationship of these sentences will be evaluated. (10 points)c. Coherence: Be sure that you organize your paragraph in the best way possible. A coherent paragraph is clear, logical, and readable.(1) Order: Select the best order for your paragraph (time, space, or importance). Select transitions for your paragraph that demonstrate your understanding of the order. At a minimum, you must use three (3) transitions to demonstrate your understanding of this concept. Highlight these transitions in yellow. (15 points)(2) Related Sentences: Be sure to repeat words and ideas; use synonyms and substitutions to demonstrate your understanding of this concept. Highlight these related words or sentence parts in gray. (15 points)d. Sentence Structure: In your paragraph, demonstrate your understanding of the following sentence structures. You must demonstrate at least one (1) of EACH of the following structures. Highlight these in green. (5 points each, for a possible total of 20 points)(1) Coordinating conjunction
(2) Semicolon
(3) Conjunctive adverb
(4) Subordinate clause followed by an independent clause
e. Concluding Sentence: Be sure to complete your paragraph with a well-written concluding sentence. (15 points)f. Mechanics and Grammar – Be sure that you complete the final step of the writing process: proofreading. Your paragraph should be free from sentence construction errors and should be spell-checked. (15 points)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you help me with this?
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Hi Yes I can help you. Is this 4 different assignments? That's what it looks like to me. When is it due?

I could do this if you were able to add more to the value, let's say $35 more. Please let me know if you are able to do that.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok great. They are 4 different ones.
Could you have it by the Sep. 20?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I made a mistake, I don't need the first assignment (11 questions)... I will post soon the right questions.
I do need the other 3 assignments.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I add the money?
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I will let customer service know and they will contact you. Okay for the 20th!

yes please repost exactly what you need done.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok great I hope to have the other assignments by tomorrow. So meanwhile the other 3.
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

so I am to do #2-4 but not #1?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly.... Thanks
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

okay. I'll keep you posted.

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I'll be starting yours in just a bit.

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

just a bit more clarification:

#2: You will write the first draft of a two-paragraph essay plus a conclusion

Choices: The career I hope to follow; a special or unusual person; the best or worst teacher I ever had, or the most exciting event in my life.

Whichever one you want, give me the event or person or teacher, okay?

#3: Comparison-Contrast Paragraph:

#4 : this one starts out with "a. Topic Sentence" ?

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I'm working on your assignments now. I think I can figure it all out.

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I have finished your paper. I will send you an option for additional services in case you would like the work emailed to you rather than put on box.com and then listed here. It's a bit more secure through email but that is totally up to you.

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Since I have not heard from you I will just attach your paper here. Please let me know if you need anything changed. And please if you have not done so yet, rate me as that is the only way I am compensated.

Thanks!

Lori

Paper

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything changed. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you so much,
In comparison-contrast paragraphs, could you Highlight for me what thay are asking, im not sure. this is what they say.
c. Organization/Coherence: In comparison-contrast paragraphs, the organization of the sentences is very important. Be sure that you organize your paragraph in the best way possible. Select transitions for your paragraph that demonstrate your understanding of the order you select. At a minimum, you must use three (3) transitions to demonstrate your understanding of this concept. Highlight these transitions in yellow.im not sure if they took off the money could you make sure they did?
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Let me check your paper. Be right back :)

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Okay I did the yellow highlighting. Sorry that I missed that. Did you like my comparison paragraph? :)

About the money, let me add the additional service with $35 for me to email you the paper. That way I get paid and you don't have to worry about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok great, and on the first pg you send me there is Abstract
This paper is a practice on the effective writing of a paragraph. A small amount of wording yet one of the most difficult parts of writing to get past and do well. It is a struggle in grade school all the way up to high school and obviously college if there is a course like this. In this practice paper is a two paragraph essay with a concluding paragraph, a compare-and-contrast paragraph, and a descriptive paragraph. Writing is like math: if you stop doing it you forget how. This practice proves beneficial.
is this part of any assignment?
Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

The abstract is required for any APA papers. But if you like I can take it out

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

Now you either send me your email or just email me and I'll send you the paper, minus the abstract if you like

Expert:  lkhoward replied 1 year ago.

I know we did emails but can you please rate me so that I can get paid. Thanks!

Expert:  lkhoward replied 12 months ago.

I hope that you will take the time to rate me so that I can finally get paid. Thank you so much.