Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Develop management plans

Customer Question

Type Your Question Here...
Category: Essays
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm taking a Environmental Management Course, I have a project due by Sunday, would you be able to assist me with this project.
Expert:  CosumelEyes replied 1 year ago.
I am not promising to be able to help, but please post the question with which you need assistance. If I cannot help, others will be able to see the work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
•Develop and implement management plans that incorporate scientific principles and that comply with environmental laws and ethical principles in a team environment
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)'s Integrated Environmental Management Systems company manual template is provided in the Course Content section of the classroom. You can also access it here :http://www.epa.gov/dfe/pubs/iems/iems_template/template.pdf.Your mission: You work for a paper milling company, and are helping to form an environmental management plan for your company. Your boss has asked you to research what is presently done and possible changes this paper mill might wish to implement. You are to report back to your boss with a summary given by filling in the following tables:AE-01: Baseline and Alternatives IdentificationItems Baseline (what this industrial typically does) Potential Alternatives
Type of mill: ________________ (what it could change)
Products
Technologies
Work Practices
Recycling/Reuse
Treatment
DisposalYou will have to research the products made at a paper mill of your choice. Please provide references and citations for your work. Please choose one of the following types of mills: kraft, sulfite, ground wood, refiner mechanical, semi-chemical, or recycle. Then research the technologies, work practices, recycling/reuse, treatment, and disposal practices typical of that mill, and then propose alternatives. For example, if the present practice is to dispose of waste X into the landfill, you will have to research what else can be done with waste X. If there are no other alternatives to the present treatment or disposal, put “none”. To help you obtain some background on the paper and pulp industry, we have provided some references at the end of this section.After you have completed the first table (several sentences in each cell should be sufficient), please provide the details of one of the baseline practices and a possible alternative to that one practice in the second table belowThen I have a second portion of the project.
Thank you. This is beyond my experience, so I will opt out so another expert can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Hopefully I can find someone to help me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the second part of my project assignment.
AE-02: Evaluation of One Alternative (state one baseline and its alternative from previous table)Performance(are they comparable?)|Regulatory Considerations | Approximate Cost | Environmental effects| Overall Eval.
(for example, if change (list 1-2 that
in technology, how are most
much would it cost prominent)
to implement it
and run it
compare to cost
of running base
line?
Pick a time
time period
that you can
justify for
changing
baseline)
BaselineAlternativeTables for Environmental Management Plan Grading Rubric
CATEGORY 20 points 15-19 points 8-14points 0-7 points
Alternatives Baseline
Id DescriptionPotential AlternativesEvaluation Comparison of Baseline
of Alt with AlternativeEval. of, Resource
and Ramification Requirements
of resource
useRecommendationsPossible references for background on paper and pulp industry:
Glatfelter. (2012). Interactive tour. Retrieved from http://www.glatfelter.com/learning/interactive_tour.aspxU.S. Environmental Protection Agency. (2002, November). Profile of the Pulp and Paper Industry, 2nd. Edition (Publication No. EPA/310-R-02-002). Retrieved from http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/publications/assistance/sectors/notebooks/pulppasn.pdfRemember that these two resources are meant to get you started on the project. You will have to find more research articles on your own, but it might be helpful to begin with these two.