Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Evaluating Compliance Strategies I need this done by

Customer Question

Evaluating Compliance Strategies I need this done by Saturday, June 13th 2015. This is part of my final grade, so this is VERY IMPORTANT! Write a 750- to 1,050-word essay evaluating billing and coding compliance strategies. Provide an overview of the compliance
process, and offer your judgment either supporting or criticizing a particular method. Make suggestions for improvement at the end of your evaluation. Address the following questions in your essay: What is the importance of correctly linking procedures and
diagnoses? What are the implications of incorrect medical coding? How are medical coding, physician, and payer fees related to the compliance process? Provide at least one reliable reference from the University Library or the Internet. Format your essay consistent
with APA guidelines.
Category: Essays
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.
Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.
If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't they are all on my school campus web site. I can not download it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you do it with a sample essay? If I can get you one?
Let me check for model - be back shortly.
After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.
I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.
Someone should be with you shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You.
Expert:  lani_s replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need help in this?
If so, fair price for this paper will be $45.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes please thank you! By sat.
Expert:  lani_s replied 2 years ago.
Are there notes or reading materials you can provide?--any material you used in your discussion on that topic.
May I know what is the textbook you use?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.comThis link should work if copied and pasted for HCPCS modifiers
http://www.findacode.com/hcpcs/hcpcs-code-modifiers.htmlText Book. Medical Insurance McGraw Hill CompanyAll key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way. The student does the following:
· Provides an overview of the compliance process
· Provides a judgment supporting or criticizing a particular strategy
· Provides suggestions for improvement
· Discusses the importance of correctly linking procedures and diagnoses
· Discusses the implications of incorrect medical coding
· Discusses the relationship among medical coding, physician, and payer fees, and the compliance process
The content is comprehensive, accurate, and persuasive. The student effectively relates the central theme to major discussion points.
The paper develops a central theme or idea directed toward the appropriate audience.
The paper links theory to relevant examples and uses the vocabulary of the theory correctly.
Major points are stated clearly; are supported by specific details, examples, or analysis; and are organized logically.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is audio that would not upload but I gave the transcript, this was for this particular week.The high cost of health care in America may be even higher than you think. Day to Day personal finance contributor Michelle Singletary speaks with Alex Chadwick about medical billing errors, and what consumers can do to make sure that they're not paying for those mistakes.MADELEINE BRAND, host:Healthcare in this country is expensive, even more so when you factor in billing mistakes. Nearly a third of all medical bills have such errors, according to a healthcare billing industry group. So how can you avoid these errors? Michelle Singletary is our regular personal finance expert. She had some answers for my colleague, Alex Chadwick.ALEX CHADWICK reporting:Michelle, welcome back, and what is the most common medical billing mistake?Ms. MICHELLE SINGLETARY (Author; Business Analyst, The Washington Post): The most common is double billing. In other words, they bill you for two procedures, two of the same pill, and you only took one. That's what most experts find.CHADWICK: Okay, double-billing. What else?Ms. SINGLETARY: Well, you should look for typos; you should look for incorrect dates of service. They may say you were in the hospital ten days, when you actually were only in there five days. They may charge you for operating time, when, say, you were in the operating room only two hours, and they may bill you for four hours; so, all those kinds of things, you need to pay attention to.CHADWICK: That's a lot to be paying attention to when you're really mostly focused on am I going to get better or what's going on; what about my family, all those kinds of things. I mean, how do you--how do you prepare yourself to be mentally alert enough to catch all this stuff?Ms. SINGLETARY: My daughter was ill several years ago and in the hospital for a very long time, two months, and we were getting bills constantly, but what you have to do is--my husband and I share the responsibility of looking over the bills, so when they came in, we made sure we got a detailed itemized look of the bills, and we just sort of checked it, and then he might do it for one set of bills, and the next one came in, I did it. But you've got to do that because there's a lot of things going on, and you want to be sure that you aren't paying more or your insurers, especially if you've got a limit in how much they'll cover.CHADWICK: And what do you do in the event that you discover an error; I mean, you can write them back and say, hey, you're wrong, the operation took less time than you say or I didn't even get that operation, or I was in there five days instead of ten days, and they write back and say, well, these are our records.Ms. SINGLETARY: If there's a mistake, you want to write a detailed letter and send it to the medical facility or, oftentimes, they have a patient representative. You want to CC that person or that department as well, and if you still don't get any response, if they still say that you owe it, you may have to contact the Consumer Protection Office in your state.CHADWICK: So you're saying a lot of medical facilities now, they have someone who, more or less, is assigned to handle the possibility of mistakes anyway, and there's a representative you can engage and get into the process?Ms. SINGLETARY: That's right. They have someone, not just billing, but other issues you may have with your doctors or nurses, and my daughter was at Children's Medical Center, and they had people there; it was wonderful. And whenever I had a billing issue I would call and I would send them a letter and they would get it cleared up right away. I mean, they want to make sure that they're charging you for the right--now, some hospitals may not, but if you do your due diligence in keeping notes, in keeping track and looking for these typos and double-billing, you should be okay.CHADWICK: Michelle Singletary, the author of Spend Well, Live Rich: How to Get What You Want With the Money You Have. She's also our regular guest on matters of personal finance. Michelle, thanks again.Ms. SINGLETARY: You're so welcome.CHADWICK: And if you, dear listeners, have money questions for Michelle, go to our web site, NPR.org. On that site, you will find our Contact Us link. You can click on that and send a question to Michelle. Please put Michelle in the subject line.
Expert:  lani_s replied 2 years ago.
I will check on what you posted and will let you know if I have any queries.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you... Is this close to being done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for asking again, but I really need this asap. When you think you will be done?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I no longer need this, Like I had said in the start the deadline was Saturday.... Thanks I wish I had got it in time to get that more of a better grade in the final week, but it is okay.
Expert:  lani_s replied 2 years ago.
Sorry.
I have actually done this but this post went through some technical issues again I think.
Found the question closed when I checked last Saturday so I was staying alert for any messages on this post but never got notification on your messages in my inbox unfortunately.
And another thing, I had not noticed you posted replies waiting for my response since the system allowed me to post replies to other users' posts and your post did not appear in the list of my customer waiting.
Again sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have posted another question. Just so you know.
Expert:  lani_s replied 1 year ago.
I will take a look and respond you there if I can help. Thanks.