PDtax
PDtax, Other
Experience:  Former college instructor and tutor. MBA/CPA credentials.

What firms are you familiar with that have created advantage

We define strategic management as "consisting of the analysis, decisions, and actions an organization undertakes in order to create and sustain competitive advantages." We believe this definition captures two main elements of the field of strategic management. First, strategic management entails three on-going processes: analysis, decisions, and actions. That is, managers must analyze the internal and external environment as well as their hierarchy of goals in order to formulate and implement strategies. Second, the essence of strategic management is the study of why some firms outperform others. We draw on XXXXX XXXXX's work to make the important distinctions between strategy and operational effectiveness. Managers must create competitive advantages that are sustainable over a period of time, instead of merely temporary. That is: How can we create competitive advantages in the marketplace that are not only unique and valuable to our customers, but also difficult for competitors to copy or substitute? Please answer the following questions for this post:

What firms are you familiar with that have created advantages in the marketplace that were very temporary? What companies do you feel have created a strong competitive advantage in the marketplace that is unique and difficult to emulate?

References Dess, G. G., Lumpkin, G. T., Eisner, A. B. & McNamara, G. (2012). Strategic management: Franklin University Edition. (6th). New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Irwin.

Category: Essays
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 5 months ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

his should help and also reference is

It is a business class and this assignment is due by midnight tonight, can you help?

References

Dess, G. G., Lumpkin, G. T., & Eisner, A. B., McNamara, G. (2012). Strategic management: Creating Competitive Advantage. (6th). New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Irwin.

Franklin University. (2013). StilSim personnel simulation. Retrieved November 14, 2013, from http://video.franklin.edu/Franklin/BSAD/495/StilSim/index.html

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

it is due by midnight thanks!

We appreciate your patience. We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary. Thank you for your understanding, we'll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Let me know ASAP, if not I need my deposit back thanks

Expert:  PDtax replied 5 months ago.
HI again. PDtax here. I can assist.

Do you really need this by midnight? Please confirm.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Yes need it by midnight then please help thanks!

Expert:  PDtax replied 5 months ago.

What firms are you familiar with that have created advantages in the marketplace that were very temporary? In my business community, there are a number of large professional services firms, CPAs and attorneys, who serve the business community. The firms that created temporary advantages were able to serve profitable practice segments, but could not develop ‘pipelines’ for new business that came from those customers. One such area is tax controversy work. Both CPAs and attorneys can offer representation services, but the customers are often troubled businesses or individuals unlikely to refer new customers. The local tax authorities know who the quality practitioners are, but they will not refer them either. Establishing a practice segment is one thing, but there is significant marketing needed to new customers and the professional base (of other CPAs and attorneys) who can refer the work. A practitioner can be a segment leader, but see their practice volume suffer without the investment in networking and marketing maintaining industry segment leadership requires. That market presence can be very temporary.

What companies do you feel have created a strong competitive advantage in the marketplace that is unique and difficult to emulate? There is a law firm in town that dominates practice in Surrogate’s Court. Practitioners in position to take referrals from the judge or from other attorneys and CPAs can do very well. Establishing such a practice can take years of successful practice in that arena, and the investment in political favor to receive those practice referrals when the judge has the opportunity. Once a favored law firm or CPA practice is established, other firms will likely be on the outside looking in. Outsider firms will have to develop their referral networks from other professionals to build a practice volume that can’t be ignored as an alternative.
In law, fee splitting is commonplace. Insuring a referral attorney receives their ‘fee’ will insure a steady flow of the clients and work needed to establish alternate market presence, if not dominance. Contributions to political election campaigns is another long-standing way to curry favor (judges are elected). Offering free or reduced fee service to the court is another way to establish practice presence.

Let me know if this meets your needs. I'm PDtax.
PDtax, Other
Experience: Former college instructor and tutor. MBA/CPA credentials.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Can you reply to my other question, it's due by midnight thanks