SusanAthena
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience:  12 years experience consulting & management
12809769

what is the difference between operational and informatics

what is the difference between operational and informatics use of health care datbase
Hi. Thanks for your question!

Operational use of a health care database is for day-to-day use, allowing the health care service to function normally. Examples might include entering patient data for billing; scheduling resources such as operating theaters and MRI machines; recording prescriptions, medications, dosages, and administration time; recording attendance or no-show status at outpatient appointments; and looking up previous interventions for diagnostic support.

Informatics use of a health care database uses aggregated information to drive larger decision-making processes. Examples might include running reports about key performance indicators such as average length of stay and hospital-acquired infection; determining efficacy of different treatment types; determining relative costs borne by different departments; forecasting staffing needs or bed shortages; and determining which resources might be underutilized and therefore should be downscaled.

Kind regards,
Susan
SusanAthena, Master's Degree
Experience: 12 years experience consulting & management
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Susan, Great job, but i need at least 500 word essay, can you please expand/explain a little moreSmile

Hi. Yes. I can do that. If you have other information or requirements for this essay, please put them below. For example, do you need references?

Is tomorrow soon enough for you?

Kind regards,
Susan
Hi. I'm still waiting to hear back from you on more requirements. In the meantime, I'll opt out until I have more information.

Kind regards,
Susan
Hello! Thank you for requesting my assistance. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to respond sooner, but I see that you still need additional assistance with this.

I can have this to you by this evening. Please let me know if this is acceptable and if there are any other requirements besides the 500+ word count.

Thanks!