Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

Student life does not generally afford a great deal of free

Customer Question

Student life does not generally afford a great deal of free time to pursue your personal interests; however, at one point, you may have considered turning a personal interest or hobby into an official enterprise. Today, you have finally decided to turn that hobby into a business but have realized that you need start-up capital from a lender or investor.

To obtain funding, you need to convince a lender / investor that your business is more than a hobby. You need to demonstrate that you have a firm grasp of your business, the accounting practices that impact your business, the controls needed to safeguard assets, and which accounting system will produce accurate and relevant financial information.

Write a six to eight (6-8) page business plan in which you:
Describe the type of business you have created including:
a. The product or service, and general staffing plan. Provide a rationale for your plan.
b. The form of your business and the benefits it offers your particular business,
c. A chart of accounts specific to your business, including a rationale as to the selection of each account. (Note: The chart of accounts is a blueprint of your business for the lender/investor. It should report the expected resources that you will consume in your business (assets), the sources of those resources (liabilities and equity), the sources of revenue, and expenditures that you expect to incur to earn those revenues. You may build a detailed chart that includes business units, divisions, product lines, etc.)
Based on the form of your business, analyze whether or not you will be required to use Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting methods and how the IFRS / GAAP convergence will impact your business. Suggest how you will incorporate any changes into your books and records. (Note: You need to demonstrate to the lender/investor that you have recognized possible changes to GAAP that may impact the accounting and reporting of your accounting events.)
Prepare a pro forma balance sheet and income statement providing the assumptions made and support the valuations assigned.
Considering the value of assets (assigned per your balance sheet) used within your business, recommend two (2) specific internal controls that you will implement to protect your company’s assets and resources, justifying how each will provide assurances to management. (NOTE: Safeguarding assets and protecting personal data are paramount to ensuring the viability of a business. Demonstrate to the lender/investor that your assets will be safeguarded and customer information (if applicable) will be protected.)
Based on the internal control recommendations that you made, suggest how you will implement each within your business environment, indicating how challenges or resistances will be overcome.
Evaluate the impact of the regulatory environment, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other regulatory requirements, on your business venture, giving considering to how you intend to comply with the requirements and the general impact to decision making within your business.
Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Category: Essays
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how long I will wait ????
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello again :)

We are still working with our professionals to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professionals' assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Greg and I am one of the homework professionals here at JustAnswer.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to or and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Also, what is the deadline to get the resource to you?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry this all i have and if you can write for me new one it will be good and sunday the last day

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:

• Examine accounting principles and concepts used in businesses.

• Assess appropriate internal controls, regulatory requirements according to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and fraud prevention and detection.

• Use technology and information resources to research issues in financial accounting.

• Write clearly and concisely about financial accounting using proper writing mechanics.