Brittany
Brittany, Professional
Experience:  AA/Accounting BS/Business
18128777

Hi Brittany – I need your help for my final class! I have this

Customer Question

Hi Brittany – I need your help for my final class! I have this job that has four parts, and then three more for the learning team coming up next week. As always please confirm this will be your original work. Thanks so much RJ

Books for the class MGT/360:

Christopher, W. F. (2007). Holistic management: Managing what matters for company success. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.

DesJardins, J. (2007). Business, ethics, and the environment: Imagining a sustainable future. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.

Savitz, A., & Weber, K. (2006). The triple botXXXXX XXXXXne: How today's best-run companies are achieving economic, social and environmental success – and how you can too. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.

Wilson, W., & Sasseville, D. (1999). Sustaining environmental management success: Best business practices from industry. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.

**Part 1 (DQ 1)– need about 50 word answer for each DQ. Needed Wed. 2/23 at 3pm PST

DQ 1. When considering sustainable business practices, many people first think of energy usage and pollution. What are other elements of sustainable business practices and products? In what way do these elements affect the overall sustainability of a business? Provide specific examples to support your answers.

DQ 2. A local landscaping company is considering implementing sustainable practices related to the chemicals and machinery they use and the employees they hire. What are some advantages and disadvantages for this type of company, when implementing a sustainable business plan? Consider financial, ethical, social, legal, and practical aspects of business. Provide specific examples to support your answers.

**Part 2 (ind. 1) – Please answer the below questions for all sections - Needed Wed. 2/23 at 3pm PST

Resource: Biosphere Worksheet found on the student website
Complete the Biosphere Worksheet. Submit the worksheet to the Assignment Link:
Biosphere Worksheet

Section A: Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. Define biosphere. Describe the part of the biosphere where humans can survive.
2. Based on this week’s required readings, what are the main causes of threats to the biosphere?
3. Define sustainability. What do scientists predict will happen in Earth’s future if we do not increase our sustainability practices?
Section B: Fill in the chart with complete sentences.
For each item listed below, identify one related threat to the biosphere. Then, describe business practices that may cause this problem. Finally, describe alternative business practices that may help reduce or avoid this problem.

Threats Business practices Alternatives
Food

Water

Energy

Pollution

Species

Atmosphere

Ecological disaster

Section C: Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. Based on this week’s required readings, summarize the accepted positions on causes of global climate change. Then, conduct an Internet search on opposition of accepted causes of climate change. On what points do they differ? Cite at least two APA-formatted sources to support your points.
2. Which perspective do you agree with? Why?

** Part 3 (ind. 2) – You can pick any type of industry. Need to be in a Powerpoint with at least 7 slides with speaker notes – Needed Thurs. 2/24 at 1pm PST

Create a presentation in which you demonstrate how different stakeholders are affected by business decisions and practices.

Select one of the following types of industries: a pharmaceutical manufacturer, an organic yogurt producer, a carpet cleaning company, or a city aquarium. Identify a representative example of a real business among one of these industries and provide a brief summary of this business’s products, services, and practices.

Identify four types of stakeholders for your chosen business. Describe how each stakeholder is involved in or affected by the business and specify their concerns with the business’s standard practices.

Explain how stakeholders’ preferences may conflict with shareholders’ financial concerns.

Explain, in the conclusion, how decisions that benefit one group may have a negative effect on the other and describe the role of a business leader in trying to balance the shareholders’ and stakeholders’ concerns.

Submit a PowerPoint® file of 6 to 8 slides with speaker’s notes to the Assignment Link.

Provide at least one APA-formatted source.

**Part 4 (ind.4)- You can pick you leader of choice. Needed Fri. 2/25 at 1pm PST

Write a paper of no more than 1,000 words in which you describe the characteristics of effective sustainable business leadership.

Select a prominent business leader who has increased his or her company’s sustainable business practices. Briefly describe the steps this leader took to improve the company’s sustainability. Among the possible leaders are Nicole Basset of Patagonia, Lorraine Bolsinger of GE, Richard Branson of Virgin Group, Linda J. Fisher of DuPont, Gary Hirshberg of Stonyfield Yogurt, Hannah Jones of Nike, Richard MacLean of Competitive Environment, Anita Roper of Alcoa, and Marie Ziegler of John Deere.

Describe the personality traits, management style, and leadership qualities that helped him or her lead the company to a successful implementation of new practices.

Describe how this leader instilled a culture of sustainability at his or her company.

Describe general management strategies you use as a business leader to increase sustainability in your field.

Cite assigned readings and at least two additional peer-reviewed sources to support your points in APA format.
Category: Essays
Expert:  Brittany replied 1 year ago.

Brittany :

Hi Jacustomer, Thanks for requesting me and providing all the needed information. I will get started on this for you in the morning! Thank you!

Customer:

Thanks Brittany - for part two, section B is a chart, when I cut and pasted it lost its formatting. there are 3 columns - column 1 is Threats, column 2 is Business practices, and column 3 is Alternatives.

Brittany :

Thanks! Is it Threats, Business Practices, and Alternatives on top and Food, water, energy, pollution, species, atmosphere, and ecological disaster going down the side?

Brittany :

If so, I an create the chart in a table and you will just need to copy and paste each cell into the correct one on the school document

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

Hi Brittany, whst is status of parts 1 & 2?

Customer:

Hi Brittany - I just realized I made a typo on the dates I need the work. I used 2/23, 2/24, and 2/25 (February) - that's wrong it should be 1/23, 1/24, and 1/25 (January) - please send the work based on those dates - 1/23 can wait until 1/24. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks RJ

Brittany :

Hi Jacustomer! Thanks for the correction and sorry I was not online last night! I will get these all over to you tonight!

Brittany :

or today :)

Brittany :

Here are the 2 DQ's: Please click here

Brittany :

I found the worksheet online so here is the worksheet: Please click here I would still suggest copying and pasting to your form if there are any differences in format

Brittany :

I am getting started on the powerpoint but it may not be finished for awhile...Just wanted to let you know! Sorry if it is late, it was a lot to get done today and I was not expecting so much for one day. It is 8 here but I am going to try my best to get it finished tonight

Brittany :

I disabled the worksheet link above. I realized that I forgot to put the references in. Here is the new link: Please click here

Customer:

Hi Brittany I think for the worksheet there is supposed to be a description of a threat for the item listed in the box, ex Food for the worksheet there are a total of four columns; three colu

Customer:

i pressed the enter button too fast - my comment is only: Hi Brittany I think for the worksheet there is supposed to be a description of a threat for the item listed in the box. let me know what you think. rj

Brittany :

Hi Jacustomer, I tried to describe the threat within the business practice so it was all in one section. Let me know and I can do a separate section if that is needed. Here is the powerpoint: Please click here

Customer:

Hi Brittany the worksheet and powerpoint are great - whats your ETA on the part 4? rj

Brittany :

Here is part 4: Please click here

Brittany, Professional
Experience: AA/Accounting BS/Business
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brittany – I need a little help. Thanks rj. The assignment syllabus is at the very end of this document. Hopefully the formatting isn't that bad where I cut and pasted the two worksheets. If so let me know how to send another way. This is the weblink for the Riorden the virtual organization: https://ecampus.phoenix.edu/secure/aapd/cist/vop/Business/Riordan/index.asp

PART 1:

DQ w3(1) – 50 words needed Wed. 2/6 at 2pm PST
• What is e-waste, and how do electronics companies in different countries manage it? What is the cradle-to-cradle philosophy, and how may it be applied to e-waste? How does cradle-to-cradle benefit a business and the local community? Provide specific examples to support your answers.

DQ w3(3) – 50 words needed Wed. at 2pm PST
• A local company produces and sells chainsaws that come with a 2-year warranty. There are metal parts on the production line that must be painted before the chainsaws are assembled. The currently used paint gun transfers only 75% of the paint to the product, with the remaining 25% lost as air emissions. This exceeds the level of air emissions allowed under government regulations. The plant has the option of
o purchasing a new paint gun that costs five times more than the existing paint gun but has a paint transfer efficiency rate of up to 95%.
o using a different type of paint that produces negligible amounts of air emissions but is known to chip and flake after two or three years.
o making no changes to production but paying monthly fines related to the amount of air emissions.
What are the costs and benefits of each option? Consider financial, ethical, practical, and legal perspectives. What if the product were a car rather than a chainsaw?

PART 2 (U.S. and China) – need both worksheets by Wed. 2/6 at 6pm PST:

Business Sustainability Assessment Worksheet: California R&D

Use this worksheet to conduct a sustainability audit of Riordan Manufacturing, a virtual plastic injection molding company. Fill in all necessary information. Production stages that do not occur at this plant are marked as N/A.

Section 1: General Information

Company: Riordan Manufacturing, San Jose, California
Products: Assorted plastic products and testing new product designs and production

Section 2: Production

For each production stage, list input materials such as raw materials or output from previous stages, and output materials such as products, byproducts, wastes, or pollutants. Describe the process used at each stage and identify the least sustainable practices.

Production Stage 1: Receiving
Input Materials
Output Materials

Briefly describe the receiving process:

Briefly describe any nonsustainable aspects of this production stage:

Production Stage 2: Mixing
Input Materials
Output Materials

N/A

N/A
Briefly describe the mixing process:
N/A

N/A

Production Stage 3: Molding
Input Materials
Output Materials

Briefly describe the molding process:

Production Stage 4: Trimming
Input Materials
Output Materials

N/A

N/A
Briefly describe the trimming process:
N/A

N/A

Production Stage 5: Labeling
Input Materials
Output Materials

N/A

N/A

Briefly describe the labeling process:
N/A

N/A

Production Stage 6: Assembly
Input Materials
Output Materials

N/A

N/A
Briefly describe the assembly process:
N/A

N/A

Production Stage 7: Packaging
Input Materials
Output Materials

N/A

N/A
Briefly describe the packaging process:
N/A

N/A

Production Stage 8: Shipping
Input Materials
Output Materials

N/A

N/A
Briefly describe the shipping process:
N/A

N/A

Section 3: Legal and Other Requirements

State and federal regulations that Riordan Manufacturing must adhere to include the following:

Hazardous waste generator requirements found in Title 40 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 260, 261 and 262, or their state equivalent

This program requires any company that generates over 2,200 pounds, or 1,000 kilograms of hazardous waste per month to identify all hazardous wastes they generate. Get a company’s specific identification number, follow specific container management and labeling requirements, ship hazardous waste off-site to a qualified treatment facility, and accompany all shipments with a manifest.
Air pollution permit requirements pursuant to the regulations established by the Federal Clean Air Act. or its state equivalent

The company must determine how much air emissions, such as particulates, volatile organic compounds, and hazardous air permits, they emit and secure a construction and operating permit that limits how much may be emitted to the air.
Storm water permit pursuant to the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System, or the state or local equivalent

Any company that allows storm water to flow from property in contact with certain types of industrial wastes and goes to a ditch, sewer, river, or stream must secure a permit that controls how many pollutants may be discharged.

Section 4: Environmental Aspects and Impacts

Select the three least sustainable practices identified in Section 2. Specify what the practice, activity, product, or service is, what aspect of the environment is affected, and what the environmental impact is.

Practice, Activity, Product, or Service Environmental Aspect Environmental Impact

Section 5: Objectives, Targets, and Programs

In the Week Four Learning Team assignment, your team develops a sustainable plan to improve each of the least sustainable practices identified in Section 4. Briefly describe the objectives and targets of the improvement plan, what type of program is necessary to meet each objective, and the person or people who would be responsible for implementing and overseeing it.

Objective Target Program Responsible Party

**Business Sustainability Assessment Worksheet: China

Section 1: General Information

Company: Riordan Manufacturing, Hangzhou, China
Products: Plastic fan blades and housings

Section 2: Production

Production Stage 1: Receiving
Input Materials
Output Materials

Briefly describe the receiving process:

Production Stage 2: Mixing
Input Materials
Output Materials

N/A

N/A
Briefly describe the mixing process:
N/A

N/A

Production Stage 3: Molding
Input Materials
Output Materials

Briefly describe the molding process:

Production Stage 4: Trimming
Input Materials
Output Materials

Briefly describe the trimming process:

Production Stage 5: Labeling
Input Materials
Output Materials

N/A

N/A
Briefly describe the labeling process:
N/A

N/A

Production Stage 6: Assembly
Input Materials
Output Materials

Briefly describe the assembly process:

Production Stage 7: Packaging
Input Materials
Output Materials

Briefly describe the packaging process:

Production Stage 8: Shipping
Input Materials
Output Materials

Briefly describe the shipping process:

Section 3: Legal and Other Requirements

Note. The China plant meets the applicable requirements of the Chinese government, but is not expected to exceed these requirements.

PART 3 will upload tomorrow once I find out what the 3 topics are and will 500 words by Thurs. 2/7 6pm PST:

Assignment syllabus :

Resources: Business Sustainability Assessment Worksheets, Riordan Manufacturing Virtual Organization
Use the Business Sustainability Assessment Worksheets provided on the course page of the University of Phoenix student website.

Conduct a sustainability audit and write a report of no more than 1,500 words in which you analyze a virtual manufacturing firm’s current business practices and identify aspects of the business that would benefit from the implementation of a sustainability plan.

Submit the Business Sustainability worksheets attached to the end of the report.

The following scenario is representative of how a business voluntarily develops and implements a sustainability plan: Riordan Manufacturing is a plastic injection molding company with locations in California, Georgia, Michigan, and China. Mark Neitzel, vice president of operations, has decided to assess the company’s current business practices and, where possible, move to more sustainable practices.

Locate the link to the University of Phoenix Virtual Organizations website on the course page of the University of Phoenix student website. Navigate to the Operations section on the Riordan Manufacturing Intranet website and read through the Sustainability Study and Communications pages.

Fill in the charts in the Business Sustainability worksheets to conduct an audit of Riordan Manufacturing’s current business practices at the plants in California, Georgia, Michigan, and China. Each major production stage in Section 2 and Sections 4-5 of each worksheet must be completed (sections 1 & 3 are completed for you.) If the production stage is not applicable to a particular plant, mark with “N/A.” ALL sections of each worksheet must be completed this week. Some information will be used in subsequent week assignments.

Select three nonsustainable practices as the focus of the sustainability plan, once all four plant locations have been audited.

Write a report describing the three practices your team selected.

Discuss why these practices are not sustainable and explain the negative effects they have on the environment.

Conclude the report with an examination of mandatory and voluntary actions Riordan may take to improve its sustainability.

Identify any state or federal regulations to which Riordan must adhere. What actions must Riordan take to be compliant? Besides these mandatory actions, what further actions may Riordan take to improve its sustainability related to, for example, break room and custodial services, office supplies, and employee issues? What are the differences between these voluntary actions and other mandatory actions? Consider motivations, consequences, and effects on the business and the environment.

Submit Current Business Practices Audit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brittany - did you receive my last email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brittany - could you please resend the link to part 4 above? I didn't download it fast enough now its been removed. thanks, rj

"Brittany :

Here is part 4: Please click here"

Expert:  Brittany replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jacustomer,

Part 4 from this week for the Riordan China paper or the part 4 from the previous week which was the paper on a leader?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Previous paper about the leader

Expert:  Brittany replied 1 year ago.
Okay, here is that one :)

https://www.box.com/s/vo59owokop5phw9162jx

Let me know if this is not the right one but I think it is!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is! thank you! talk to you next Tuesday. ;)

Expert:  Brittany replied 1 year ago.
Glad it was the right one! Talk to you next week! I just wanted to let you know that on Wednesday I am having some scans done on my thyroid and they are going to be at different intervals on Wednesday and early morning Thursday so I probably wont be online much during those times. I will be looking out for your information early on Tuesday so I can get a head start but I just wanted you to know that I would be away in advance! Thanks!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks for the heads up

Expert:  Brittany replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome!!!!