Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

Individual Assignment: Final Strategic Plan and Presentation

Customer Question

Individual Assignment: Final Strategic Plan and Presentation • Resources: Vision, mission, values, SWOTT analysis, balanced scorecards, and communication plan • Write a 700- to 1,050-word section for your strategic plan in which you add your strategies and tactics to implement and realize your strategic objectives, measures, and targets. Include marketing and information technology strategies and tactics. Develop at least three methods to monitor and control your proposed strategic plan, being sure to analyze how the measures will advance organizational goals financially and operationally. Finally, recommend actions needed to address ethical, legal, and regulatory issues faced by the organization, and how they can improve corporate citizenship. • Combine your completed strategic plan. This includes the vision, mission, values, SWOTT analysis, balanced scorecard, and communication plan. Your consolidated final strategic plan should be 2,800 to 4,200 words in length. I have the first paper I wrote. I can send it to you, and the instructor said we could add to it to get the word count. Please help me. I am really in a hole and can't get out. wI will pay you ell. Read more: Individual Assignment Final Strategic Plan and Presentation
Category: Essays
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need a guideline on how to put the paper together it says to combine all three satrategy plans but I do not know where to start please help

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Angela

My paper is due tomorrow Monday 13, 2012 is it possible to put a rush on it I am willing to pay a bonus for a helpful answer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am will to pay a bonus for your help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you need my papers or just the general information

Resources: Vision, mission, values, SWOTT analysis, balanced scorecards, and communication plan

Write a 700- to 1,050-word section for your strategic plan in which you add your strategies and tactics to implement and realize your strategic objectives, measures, and targets. Include marketing and information technology strategies and tactics. Develop at least three methods to monitor and control your proposed strategic plan, being sure to analyze how the measures will advance organizational goals financially and operationally. Finally, recommend actions needed to address ethical, legal, and regulatory issues faced by the organization, and how they can improve corporate citizenship.

Combine your completed strategic plan. This includes the vision, mission, values, SWOTT analysis, balanced scorecard, and communication plan. Your consolidated final strategic plan should be 2,800 to 4,200 words in length.

Prepare three to five Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides in which you briefly outline the vision, mission, values, and balanced scorecard that you have developed for your business.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I am here

what kind of information will you need the papers or some thing else

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

here is my papers: the coloums on the second paper should resemble the first paper I don't know what happen when I copied and paste them:

Strategy Plan Part I

Conceptualizing a Business

Vernice Cunningham

BUS/475

Monday 23, 2012

University of Phoenix

Strategy Plan Part I Conceptualizing a Business

In today's world books are important they are a necessity in the educational system needed by students, teachers, and professional educators throughout the world. There is not a question that book stores are needed, most students and educators look beyond the classroom for more knowledge, most frequent book stores with collogues and classmates to have a place to quietly study or grade papers. However, in some cases students, consumers and educator frequent books stores to find rare books that cannot be found in your local library. A book store can be a place to relax where you can read your favorite book, or look for books that are no longer in publication. In addition, a book store can be a collectors dream if he or she is into rare or antique books. This paper will provide an analysis of Jean's rare books store strategy plan will be explained with a description of the store's mission, vision, and values will be determine along with the products and services provided for the customers.

About the company:

Jean's Rare Books store is a country wide book store chain looking to expand its business to Canada and beyond. The culture and rich history in these locations for the business will have a large impact on the moral and ethical decisions made by the company. The people and the government of the country where Jean's Rare Books has a direct relationship on how the company should proceed morally and ethically one of the goals for Jean's Rare Books is to improve the reading habits in the country where it does business. Regulations and guidelines on foreign soil can be a problem to deal if the proper channels are not dealt with diplomatically and respectfully to maintain a healthy relationship.

Mission

The company's mission is to promote leadership within communities through research, education, and books helping young people and adults learn and receive knowledge through books the company's mission is to give knowledge to people and individuals the will stay with them through life.

Vision

Jean's Rare Find Books store is a unique book store housing more than five thousand books or more ranging from contemporary to rare and antique books which will be a dream for book collectors in addition, to antique books the store will house out of publication books. The outside will resemble an English tea house the inside will be designed like a study or English seating room. The company's statement represents a vision of helping others in ways that would enhance people or individual's behavior and attitudes on books, studies, and knowledge in the present and near future. With a respect for ethical awareness, of knowledge individuals can rely on the rare book stores to release a new way of thinking about books and knowledge. Within two to five years more stores will be open for business.

Ethics, Culture, and Social responsibility

A formal code of ethics, culture, and social responsibility is maintain for Jean's Rare books Store, The code of ethics is in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and is based on the highest ethical standards. All employees at Jean's Rare Find Books store are expected to adhere to this code. Each employee, line manager, and upper management will comply with the culture differences, and religious beliefs within the social population.

According to Pearce and Robinson, ( 2009) "The social factors that affect a firm involve the beliefs, values, attitudes, opinions, and lifestyles persons in the firm's external environment, as developed from cultural, ecological, demographic, religious, educational, and ethnic conditioning" ( p. 95 , Para 5 )

With the new company the strategy plan will include implementing a compliance which applies to the local laws, rules and regulations. This statement ensures that the company will maintain and monitor federal, state, legal and foreign statues rules, and regulations, and will also identify and report this activity.

The strategy plan will implement a policy for a safe working environment. This policy prohibits solicitation, discrimination, or harassment of any kind, this will include a health safety environment procedure which encourages employees to report accidents or injuries as soon as it happens.

Information on ethics, culture, and social responsibility is available to all employees via the company's web site under policies and producers or through the corporate office. "Social responsibility is a voluntary effort on the part of business to take various steps to satisfy the expectation of the different interest groups" (Social Responsibilities of Business, Nd, p.39, Para 2)

Employees and future applicants are able to view the code of ethics, culture, and social responsibility and explore the company's beliefs and values. The information is can be viewed, by employees and customers alike.

The code of ethics and values is encouraged on a daily basis. As a growing company the organization is faced with competition, unethical habits, and room for error. With adherence and honesty, and integrity Jean's Rare Find Books can overcome all obstacles.

Employees are encouraged to maintain adherence to the code of ethics by rewarding employees on performance, integrity, core values, and teamwork.

Jean's Rare Find Books store look maintains a positive environment for both customers and employees. The company believes success begins with an honest and effective ethics system and dedicated employees who know right from wrong are determined to maintain and acknowledge the code of ethics while complying with all ethical standards. Keeping a good relationship with the community will ensure Jean's Rare Find Books will keep up with the changing demands of each customer by providing quality products and services.

Conclusion

Jean's Rare Find Books understands, for the organization to be considered one of the major book stores in the world, ethics will play a major role in that development. Jean's Rare Find Books store must be ready to handle any ethical, culture issues that could arise from operating a business within another country. Jean's Rare Find Books must constantly review, train, monitor and plan for any changes that may occur throughout the company.

References

Pearce, J. A. II, & Robinson, R. B. (2009).Strategic management: Formulation, implementation, and control (11th Ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.

Social Responsibilities of Business, (Nd) Retrieved January 22, 2012 from http://www.nos.org/Secbuscour/cc04.pdf

Strategic Plan Part II SWOTT Analysis

Starting a new business or company the owner must have a strategy plan that focuses on the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, before opening the doors. Understanding the business SWOTT will help the development of the strategy plan and prepare for unforeseen problems that may occur within the internal and external environment. A SWOTT analysis, specifically, will enable Jean's rare find books, to specifically audit, plan and focus on key issues that arise in the business.

External Trends

For the external analysis of Jean's rare find books, the selected external forces and trends mainly consider the economic forces, Competitive analysis forces, and technological forces

Competitive analysis

Competitive analysis focuses on the company's (Jean's rare find books) competitors Ray's books, and Blake's wholesales books warehouse the market has decreased in the past year. Ray's books control 10% of the market and Blake's wholesale books warehouse controls 20% of the market. Jean's rare find books has a competitive advantage over the competition, because the store has computer kiosks set up throughout the store with a touch of a bottom on your selected book it will give a history of the book, first and last owner, and where the book is located within the store. In addition, the store will have programs set up for high school and college students alike that will enable them to rent out available books using their school code, and student ID's at a price that fits their budget.

Strength: Offering rare books people cannot find, availability of signed, and first edition books of rare authors that people or individuals have not seen in years.

Weakness: Opportunities: The ability to advertise and connect with people looking for a book.

Threat: Larger store better technology

Trends: The trend shows improvement and the ability to change and move forward.

Economics

Economics facilitates the decisions making in the business considering the cost of products and services. "Economic factors concern the nature and direction of the economy in which a firm operates. Because consumption patterns are affected by the relative affluence of various market segments, each firm must consider economic trends in the segments that affect its industry" (Pearce & Robinson, 2009, p.94, Para 3).

Strength: Good economic conditions increases, the budget and improve the shareholder confidence.

Weakness: fluctuation in economic conditions weakens and affects the company's operations.

Opportunities: A boost in economic growth helps the expansion, and growth of the company.

Threats: Slow tourist season affect the business.

Technological forces

Knowledge in technology helps a business in the daily process on filing documents, receiving suppliers, helping staff members, and customers. The correct knowledge of technology decreases the day to day business processing of paper work.

According to Pearce and Robinson, (2009) A technological breakthrough can have a sudden and dramatic effect on a firm's environment. It may spawn sophisticated new markets and products or significantly shorten the anticipated life of a manufacturing facility" (p.98, Para 6).

Strength: Good technological skills help in operating a day to day business.

Weakness: technological breakdown of computer systems can put a business on whole causing loss of profits and customers.

Opportunities: With the advanced and upgrades of new technologies today, it will be easy to track merchandise in less time and will help satisfy suppliers, and customers.

Threats: The use of old and outdated technology systems will reduce the satisfaction, demands of suppliers, and customers thereby losing cash flow.

Trends: Technological advancement enables the company to create an atmosphere customers appreciate, and expect without outside interference.

.

Internal Forces and Trends

".The Internal Analysis of strengths and weaknesses focuses on internal factors that give an organization certain advantages and disadvantages in meeting the needs of its target market" ( My Strategic Plan, 2010).

The selected internal forces and trends for the business are culture, and resource.

Culture

Culture is a force and trend that includes business related social culture, and diversity within the workplace

Strength: Diversity helps in reaching the competitive advantage as it serves in sharing beliefs, morals and behavior that boost the business' image.

Weakness: Old culture or unfavorable culture of the business reduces the idea of business expansion.

Opportunities: In today's work environment the company can easily grow and increase its market share offering new ideas on selling books within publishing industry

Threats: A company without diversity may affect the business processing.

Trends: Diversity, having a business environment with a diverse group of people and individuals the company will have more value in the market

Resources

Resources from different publishing houses from around the country and overseas; will generate more business for the company, and boost a loyal customer base.

Strength: Connecting with the customers, having the right book for the right customer

Weakness: Delays and unattainable recourses; competitors using similar concepts to sell books.

Opportunities: To collaborate with publishing house from around the world.

Threats: Competitors using similar concepts to sell books

Trends: Young adult books, and children books.

Issues and Opportunities

The issues and opportunities regarding internal and external environmental analysis reflect respective issues and opportunities for Jean's rare find books, new to the publishing industry. Advancement in technologies is the first major issue that forces the company to carry out the technology as per the customer's current demand, in this business environment. To comply with the highly competitive market, it will be good practice for Jean's rare find books company to implement a strategy plan that meets the needs of both the company and the stakeholders. SWOTT analysis looks at the issues and the opportunities that Jean's rare find Books Company will face in the future. Opportunities and resources from publishing companies will help business expansions increasing market shares, and promotes the business towards growth and success. "The most common use of SWOT analysis is as a logical framework guiding discussion and reflection about a firm's situation and basic alternatives. This often takes place as a series of managerial group discussions" (Pearce & Robinson, 2009, p.160, Para 3).

Circumstances and Importance Classification

Circumstances vary in the workforce; consider technological advancement the business may have issues with various changes and upgrades involving computer systems.

It is very important for a new business, such as Jean's rare find books to have a solid strategy plan in place with a clear understanding of the company's strengths, weaknesses, threats, opportunities in order satisfy the demands of customers. SWOTT is commonly used today in businesses across the country. It's a good practice, and learning point for a new business like Jean's rare find books to implement their long-term goals for the company.

External Factors

Factors

Strength

Weakness

Opportunity

Threat

Trend

Economic

Cuts down on tax burden

Fluctuations in economic conditions

Expansion and growth opportunities

Economic

turnover

Regular phenomenon that affects the long term business performance

Technological

Helps run day to day operations

Problems in technology create slow down in work

Improved customer relations

Reduced satisfaction level of customers

Promotes company to furnish service is efficient way

Competitive analysis

Facilitates in effective strategy formulation

Lack of vital information

Easy competition with the competitors

Unable to concentrate on other requisites

Conduct at quarterly time periods

Internal Factors

Resources

Availability helps to achieve goals in cost effective way

Delay of resources can cause harm to business

Adequate allocation can attract more customers

Unavailability can result in losses to company due to supply and demand

Culture

Good business cultures helps in reaching competitive advantage

With modern staff company can grow easily and attract business

Different cultures could affect day to day business

In today's businesses much consideration is given to cultural environment.

Availability to a younger market

Reference

Internal & External Analysis, (2010) my strategic plan from http://mystrategicplan.com/resources/internal-and-external-analysis/

Pearce, J. A. II, & Robinson, R. B. (2009) Chapter 4 & 6 Strategic management: Formulation, implementation, and control (11th Ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.

Strategic Plan Part III Balanced Scorecard

The balance scorecard presents detailed information to shareholders indicating the development of the company strategic goals. The balance scorecard shows the progress of each department that affects change in the company. The balanced scorecard requires that a business evaluates their performance in four perspective categories. Financial perfective, which includes objectives such as market share, revenues and costs, and profitability. Second customer value perspective includes objectives such as customer satisfaction, customer value, and customer retention or turnover. Third, internal process perspective which includes objectives such as measure of process performance, operation, and productivity. Fourth, learning and growth (employee) perspective this includes objectives such as employee satisfaction, nature if organization culture or climate, and employee turnover.

According to Pearce and Robinson, (2009) "The balanced scorecard is a set of measures that are directly linked to the company's strategy. Developed by Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton, it directs a company to link its own long-term strategy with tangible goals and actions" (p. 202, Para 2)

Each of these categories plays a critical role in the success of Jean's Rare Find Books bookstore.

Financial perspective

The financial objectives, of Jean's Rare Find Books are commitment to cost efficiency improving cost structure, and increasing asset utilization. The company remains focus on revenue growth by expanding revenue opportunities, which includes enhancing customer value. The financial goal of the company is to be profitable and be able to expand to another location in three years. With expansion plans the company must be prepared to hire additional employee's, Jean's Rare Find Books bookstore must factor in the competitive position such are Ray's bookstore and Blake's wholesale books warehouse. Determining the position of the company within the market compared to other bookstores, with new technologies and innovative ideas the company will gain profit and success.

Customer perspective

Jean's Rare Find Books acknowledges the customer demands of products and services, which is what makes the company a success. The company belief in customer satisfaction provides a peaceful and comfortable environment in turn we create a loyal customer base. The customer perspective measure customer satisfaction and customer retention internally, and externally, creating a visual of the company's success. Customer perspective is a key factor on how the customer views the company.

Internal Process perspective

The internal process determines how Jean's Rare Find Books score in the publication market. However, since Jean's Rare Find Books is new to the market, this process helps the business establish a strong starting point. The internal process focuses on the most critical aspects that make the company successful. The company must determine the strong points on the company's strategic plan. This information is critical when separating the company from its competitor's.

Learning and Growth perspective

Once Jean's Rare Find Books bookstore is established entity, the company is prepared to train its employees. Managers will be trained on effective leadership, communication, and management skills. Employees will be trained on communication skills, key entry, logging, filing, customer service, and customer satisfaction. Training requirements will be updated annually for employees to remain in compliance with company policy.

Mission

The company's mission is to promote leadership within communities through research, education, and books; helping young individuals and adults learn and receive knowledge from books.

Vision

Jean's Rare Find Books store is a unique bookstore housing more than five thousand books or more ranging from contemporary to rare and antique books, which can be a dream for book collectors in addition, to antique books the store will house out of publication books. The outside will resemble an English tea house the inside will be design to resemble an English seating room. The company's statement represents a vision of helping others in ways that would enhance people or individual's behavior and attitudes on books, studies, and knowledge in the present and near future. With a respect for ethical awareness, of knowledge individuals can rely on the rare bookstores to gain a new perspective about books and knowledge. Within two to three years more stores will be open for business.

Jean's Rare Find Books Balance Scorecard

Areas for Measures

Objectives

Measure

Metrics

Target Year 1

Target Year 2

Target Year 3

Financial

Market share

Increase profitability

Market value

1% in market share

2%

3%

5%

Revenues and costs

Increase revenue

Price of books

1% of books

1%

2%

3%

Profitability

Increase profitability

Book price

3% of books collected

80%

92%

100%

Customer

On-time orders

Delivery arrivals

Customer surveys

80%

85%

100%

Customer satisfaction

Lowest prices

Customer ranking

Customer surveys

80%

85%

100%

Customer value

Customer retention or turnover

Good condition

Monthly sells

Number of customers

Reading programs

Rank all demands likes and dislikes

80%

80%

90%

90%

100%

100%

Internal

Improve turn around

On time pickup and arrive

3% of on time arrival and pickups

85%

90%

100%

Measure of process performance

Communication

Effective communication

Feedback from customers and employees regarding communication

75%

80%

95%

Operation

Productivity improvement

Reliable services

Skills with employees/customer monitor reliable service through surveys

% of satisfied customers who think our services are reliable

80%

80%

90%

92%

95%

100%

Learning & Growth

All employees receive proper training

Provide clear understandable instruction

Employee training program

80%

85%

90%

Employee satisfaction

Nature of organization culture or climate

Evaluations

Details

Customer and employee feedback

Deadlines

Performance surveys (excellent =10 to poor =1

85%

85%

90%

92%

95%

95%

Employee turnover

Ensure effective customer service skills

Encourage communication both internal and external

Monitor employee feedback and involvement

85%

90%

95%

Areas for Measures

Objectives

Measure

Metrics

Target Year 1

Target Year 2

Target Year 3

Financial

Market share

Increase profitability

Market value

1% in market share

2%

3%

5%

Revenues and costs

Increase revenue

Price of books

1% of books

1%

2%

3%

Profitability

Increase profitability

Book price

3% of books collected

80%

92%

100%

Customer

On-time orders

Delivery arrivals

Customer surveys

80%

85%

100%

Customer satisfaction

Lowest prices

Customer ranking

Customer surveys

80%

85%

100%

Customer value

Customer retention or turnover

Good condition

Monthly sells

Number of customers

Reading programs

Rank all demands likes and dislikes

80%

80%

90%

90%

100%

100%

Internal

Improve turn around

On time pickup and arrive

3% of on time arrival and pickups

85%

90%

100%

Measure of process performance

Communication

Effective communication

75%

80%

95%

Operation

Productivity improvement

Reliable services

80%

80%

90%

92%

95%

100%

Learning & Growth

All employees receive proper training

Employee training program

80%

85%

90%

Employee satisfaction

Evaluations

Details

Customer and employee feedback

Deadlines

85%

85%

90%

92%

95%

95%

Employee turnover

85%

90%

95%

Reference

Pearce, J. A. II, & Robinson, R. B. (2009). Strategic management: Formulation, implementation, and control (11th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.

Hello. Your question is open to all the Experts and marked high priority. You'll receive an email notification if an Expert replies. Thank you for your patience. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello

My paper is due today will I get an answer I cannot be late becasue it is the final for this class otherwise I will fail the class

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If your company can find an expert before 7 pm tonight I am willing to pay a double bonus for the expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me what you have so far the deadline is today
Hello. We are still waiting on an Expert to take on this assignment. You will receive an immediate email notification if an Expert replies. In the meantime, your question is marked high priority. Thank you for your patience. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it possible to det another expert I put this question on thrusday and still have not recieved the answers with all the informantion I have given
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Please understand that it's rare when we cannot find the right Expert. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you'll think of us again when the need arises.