Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Experience:  Entertainment Industry Professional
70951075

I have an idea and concept for a golf related reality

Customer Question

I have an idea and concept for a golf related reality television program. How can I pitch the idea to a production company and or agent?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Michael replied 26 days ago.

Good afternoon,

As for ideas and ways in which to pitch an idea such as the one you have created, some thoughts and suggestions:

1. Reality TV is visual so plan a meeting with a producer and be brief and to the point. Explain what your idea is and have items such as printouts of what the show might look like as well as written out ideas for how the show will be produced. Produce a short 2-5 minute promo reel of your idea to offer what the reality show will be like. Being as exact as possible will help for the agent and producer see your vision of the show.

2. Research various agents and producers and see who they produce and who they represent. Having to talk to someone that is not interested in golf or sports for that matter will hurt your chances. Look for those that produce and represent sports related programming. Look for those that have already produced reality shows and not someone who works in a different medium.

3. The site listed below is one of the better ones online that have listings of producers. You can review names and see where your golf show fits best in order to set up a interview:

https://www.productionhub.com/directory/profiles/producers-television/us/california

4. Here is a great podcast that you can listen to for ideas from veteran producers of reality shows as they offer valuable tips on how to get your project made:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/producing-unscripted-make/id659982254

Best of luck with your production of your show. Please let me know of any additional questions/concerns you might have as well as if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 25 days ago.

Take care,

Michael