Ask Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.
Experience:  10+ years as an Entertainment Executive and Industry Insider
64268913

I found i picture in a storage unit in NYC, i believe it is

Customer Question

I found i picture in a storage unit in NYC, i believe it is a lithograph. It is signed by J. Rudy. It is marked J rudy 99 on print. it is 132/200. how much is it worth if anything and who is j rudy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Ask Veronica replied 1 month ago.

Hi Jacob,

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Would it be possible for you to attach a jpeg of the lithograph? It would help in my research.

Thanks,

Veronica

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry i thought i did first time i sent four photos

Received, thanks for sending! I am on it and will circle back shortly.

Thanks,

Veronica

Hi Jacob,

I was not able to find a definitive answer for you, but I do have a promising lead. There is a seller on Ebay selling a piece by J. Rudy, with a similar style and I would recommend contacting directly. I am posting link below. This seller is an antiques seller, and he or she might be able to shed some light on the artist and if they think it is the same artist.

There is also a brief description of said artist, where the piece was acquired, and a starting price for the art, which is done on canvas, not lithograph.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LP16-g-Cool-Outsider-Art-J-Rudy-Canvas-Painting-Wavy-Girl-24-x-24-/152275182419?hash=item23744ee353:g:t7oAAOSwsN9XAVNn (copy and past in your browser)

I hope this points you in the right direction, and I would love to hear back from you how it went.

Best,

Veronica