Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Experience:  Entertainment Industry Professional
70951075

Curious why the Louis L'Amour best seller "Comstock Lode",

Customer Question

Hi: Curious why the Louis L'Amour best seller "Comstock Lode", one of my favorite of his longer group of novels, was never made into a movie? With the character development & storyline, it could have made a great one. Curious if the movie rights are currently owned by anyone. Kevin
JA: I'm guessing you have a fun project in the works. If so, the Entertainment Expert will be able to help you make it a reality. Or sort out those who would dare get in your way! Is there anything else the Entertainment Expert should be aware of?
Customer: Nope
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Good evening Kevin,

As for the book "Comstock Lode" (or for any book that might or might not turn into a movie), thought that the information provided here in this link by Beau L'Amour explains the reasoning why some turn into feature films while others do not:

http://louislamour.com/f1/fb_QandA-03.htm

Seems that Beau is very particular to who and what company can make a movie out of a book. As he points out "Louis L’Amour books and short stories are always available to film makers. But I am very careful about who I spend my time dealing with."

Hope you found this helpful as it was interesting for me to read as well. Please let me know of any questions you might have and please if you could take a moment to rate my assistance so that I can receive credit for helping you tonight.

Take care,

Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Take care,

Michael