Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

A Canadian author currently writing the first and only

Customer Question

My name is Geoff ****, a Canadian author currently writing the first and only biography of Shemp Howard, one of the original Three Stooges and also a solo film comic actor through the 1930s and '40s. The book will be published later this year. My question focuses on Shemp's 'unbilled' appearance late in the film Another Thin Man as the ex-gangster Whacky. As he appears to be between contracts at Columbia and United Artists at the time, how did he get this role and what was the response like to his performance? If you don't have the information, any idea who might? Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration. My email address is *************@*****.***.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Judy Bailey replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. We are not allowed to communicate via email unless you accept the offer for premium service. I will submit that to you, but you do not have to accept it until you are satisfied. Til then, we can communicate here.

I do not have the information you are looking for yet, but a gentleman named George Sims wrote an article about the Stooges in 2011 for a small newspaper in Louisiana. You might contact him (if you have not already done so). The URL for the article is

Sims, G. (2011). Stooges. Countryside & Small Stock Journal, 95(1), 98.

His contact information is at the end of the article. Meanwhile, I will keep digging for the answers to your questions.

Judy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't think I'll pursue this any further. I've already been billed twice on my credit card. I'm hoping there are no other charges because I would like to unsubscribe. Thanks.

Please contact customer service regarding the double billing. I'm sorry to lose you as a subscriber. Good luck to you in your research endeavors and as the Stooges might say ... "nyuck nyuck nyuck". Judy