AptLinguist
AptLinguist, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Experience:  I love to analyze and write about the entertainment industry. I have a related blog too.
17992207

I have been trying to find a poem called 'The sparrow of

Customer Question

Hello, I have been trying to find a poem called 'The sparrow of Harrow'. It is a poem about a nearly dead bird who is swept into a room in Harrow. The boys nurture it back to health and the bird becomes a painter whose paintings are the subject of discussion among art critics from afar. It is a great children's poem. The first lines are: The Sparrow of Harrow would never have been/ the cleverest bird that had ever been seen/ if one windy day he'd stayed in his nest/ when flying conditions were tricky at best... Has anyone heard of the poem and is there a copy of it somewhere? There is a line in the poem where a teacher/headmaster says, 'Look lively James minor and pick up that bird' Thank you. Regards, Susan.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  AptLinguist replied 1 year ago.

Hi

'Look lively James minor and pick up that bird'..Is this the exact line from the poem?

Moreover, do you remember any other bits and pieces?It would be really helpful to find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for looking for the poem. Yes, that sentence is the exact line from the poem. Apart from that line, the first lines of the poem (mentioned earlier) are all I remember of the poem.
Regards,
Susan.

Ok. Will tell you asap when i find it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks:)

Hi

There is no place that I left while searching for your poem. :)

I couldn't find it online. However it is available along with the collection, audio or book form at most book stores. At least this is what I found from a book store and my poet/writer friends. This sounds like a really great poem and if you find it,which I'm sure that now you will, please send it to me.I would be so grateful.

If you're satisfied then please give me a positive rating(GOOD) so that I get paid for my services.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a tough poem to find. I've looked everywhere and there is no trace of it. Thanks anyway. I'm not sure what you mean by 'It is available along with the collection, audio or book form at most book stores'. I haven't found it anywhere when I dropped in at book stores. And I have a collection of many books on children's nursery rhymes and poems. Are there any specific titles in which I might find the poem? If you don't have that information, it's OK, we'll just leave it:).
Regards,
Susan.

No, I'm really sorry as I don't have that specific information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been charged for asking this question but have received not received an answer to the question. Could you please clarify why I was charged 63$.
Regards,
Susan

Don't worry.I'll ask customer services to give you a refund.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The money has not been refunded to my account. Please could you check?
Regards,
Susan.