Joan
Joan, Entertainment Consultant
Experience:  I am a Triva Buff. I love music and any of the arts. I have worked in Entertainment as a consultant.
5071285

Hotdogs and brats people. How many do I need of e

Customer Question

Hotdogs and brats for 100 people. How many do I need of each?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a General Specialist and would love to help you. The general rule of thumb is 2 hot dogs per person, so that would be 200 hot dogs.
As far as the Brats, not everyone will eat or like Brats so I would go half of the hot dog ratio at 75-100 brats.
Some people may take one of each Hot dog and Brat, so the balance is speculation unless you can get a count on how many like Brats and will be easier to calculate. Asking guests what their preference is and how many they generally eat would also give a rough idea. If warm outside people will be focused more on drinks than food.
If serving salads with the the meat selections, you will want to be sure to have 1/2 cup of salad per person of each salad.
With the Hot Dogs and Brats do not cook all at once and keep cool, so you can use what is not cooked. If left over cooked, they can be refrigerated and reheated.
The Hot dogs and Brats are flexible. The Salads if kept outside in heat should be disposed of if not kept cold.
I hope this information is helpful. There is no set amounts since each person is different and the conditions of when eating, how warm, men women or children will reflect on what the actual amounts would be needed.
Joan