Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

Hi, I am a senior citizen . I joined a line dance class about

Hi, I am a senior citizen . I joined a line dance class about 3 YR'S ago. I am slow learning because of high blood pressure I didn't realize was so high and of course age. My problem is my teacher seems to want to go to fast. I am not the only one who has complained about the speed in which new dace were taught. About 6 girls dropped back to beginners. I also did , but I am bored. What to do? Not participate in only a few dances ?MY teach does not like it.Or just stay with the beginners.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Gail and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help with your question today.

I completely understand your problem and your frustration. You're paying for the classes (I assume) and you should enjoy them! Even if you're not paying for them, you still took the classes for enjoyment, which you are not getting.

Have you and the 6 girls gone to your teacher's supervisor to explain the situation? If not, I would recommend doing that as soon as possible, but all of you have to go; there's greater power in numbers. If 7 people in the class believe the teacher is going to quickly and have brought it to her attention and asked for a change, she should be accommodating to you.

If that doesn't work, would you be able to ask for a refund for this class and find another dance class at a different location that will go at a good pace for you and the 6 ladies?

If you stay in beginners and you're bored, you're not learning anything new and you're not enjoying the class. You (and the others) should be getting enjoyment out of this activity--that's why you decided to do it in the first place!

Please let me know if my suggestions are helpful by providing a positive rating, and I hope all works out well for you and the other dance students!

If you need any additional information, simply click 'Reply' and I will respond as soon as possible.

Warmest wishes,
Cher

Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how often is customary, to introduce new dances?

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.

Hi again, Gail and thanks very much for your excellent rating; it is truly appreciated!

I have sent you an answer on your other question.

Best regards,

Cher

Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do u know where on line I might , find some dance classes U tube has some good ones . I need basic steps.

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi agan, Gail and thanks for your reply.

Also, thanks for your patience, as I was offline when you posted back.

I will research this online for you.

Are you looking for YouTube videos or others that show basic steps of line dancing only, so you can brush up on your own, at home, or are you looking for actual dance classes online that you could enroll in?

Thanks for your additional information.
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It would be neat to enroll in on line dances. the other would do good 2

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Gail.

I don't know which videos you've already seen on YouTube, but I found these for you. I know you're not a beginner, so you may already know these dances, but it can help you go at your own pace and practice at home, at your leisure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSfowPRyhNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRbR1VRRfE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRLTllQdyyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVw1hAOTr3Y

Best regards,
Cjer
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT