Martin, Engineer
Experience:  Fan of Cinema and Video Games
14666028

Im going to a "Ganster / Flapper" Holloween party and was

I'm going to a "Ganster / Flapper" Holloween party and was wondering what finger/snack foods might have been served in that era.
Hello and welcome. That would be the 20's. If you don't want to make historical error, you can always use that resource:
http://www.foodtimeline.org/

As gangsters always needed to show their power, they used a lot of exotic and expensive food. Cheeze, caviar, oyster, shrimp cocktail etc... Also, alcohol was flooding. As many of those were fresh Italian descent, the "base" turned around Italian ingredient. Chinese food was also already starting to bring influence in mainstream food diet.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: Fan of Cinema and Video Games
Hi, and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name isXXXXX have been an Expert here since 2006 and it will be my pleasure to help with your question, today.

Popular 'finger' foods and snacks that would be served at a "Roaring '20's" party are: bread sticks, soda crackers (like Saltines), tea sandwiches made with ham, turkey, chicken salad, egg salad, tomato, cream cheese, peanut butter and jelly, and other finger foods like fried chicken, deviled eggs, relish trays including pickles, celery, olives and radish roses. Snack items would include salted nuts, potato chips and pretzels.

I hope this answered your question and was helpful. Please take a moment to provide a Positive Rating so I may receive credit. Thank you! Laughing

If you need any additional information, please click 'Reply', direct your question to me, 'For Cher' and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

To request me by name for future questions, please type 'For Cher Only' to begin your post; I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

Warmest regards,
Cher