Martin, Engineer
Experience:  Fan of Cinema and Video Games

Hello We have a Sony Bravia flat screen TV model # XXXXX

We have a Sony Bravia flat screen TV model # XXXXX with no HDMI port, because it's a 2006 model. I guess this means that we can not hook up a PS3 to our TV with a HDMI cable, correct? Any alternatives?
Hello and welcome. Surprise, surprise! look on the right side of the TV ("right" when you fate the screen), there is an HDMI port there.

There is no HDMI port on the back, only on that side.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wow good to know will check.

It should be labeled input "5".
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't find it. It's 2006 model, i guess it's old...

A model keep it's feature until the name change. Sometime Walmart and such place order a batch of specially crippled TV from a manufacturer so that they can advertise $5 less than competing stores but when that happen there is usually a small change of the model number, like a letter added to the end or something like that. The manual i have was printed in 2005 and it have the HDMI.

Look at page 14 of that manual, it may help you a bit:
I said "side" like they also do but sometime the side have an indentation a little deeper than the larger perimeter of the screen. This is where the HDMI port should be.

IF there is still none, we will see what we can do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Martin. Based on your instructions, I compared the manual you referred to with the one I have. I noticed that the cover of the manual I have mentions 4 Sony Bravia models S40, S32, S26 and S23, and no mention of HDMI in there. By the way, it mentions 2005 not 2006, like yours.

The Quick guide also mention it have HDMI. Did you gave me the model number on the back of the TV or from the paper manual you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model # XXXXX XXXXX the back of the tv.

By the way, I live it Beirut, Lebanon, so I bought it from here, not the US.

I don't know if that makes a difference.

It might very well be. When i look at those pics:
I only see the VGA connector and the coaxial connect is where the HDMI port should be. On the KLVS40A10 doc i have that coax connector is on the back under the section that have the SVideo inputs.

So i assume you are right in not having HDMI port. You can always get a component cable for the PS3 (you have 1 component input). New PS3 will only allow games to work that way and not blueray movies that said. To convert HDMI to component and still be able to see movies, you can get a HD furry III (kinda expensive if you ask me). If you are short of component inputs, you can always use an audiovideo reciever or simply a cheap component switch (those cost very little).