Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Experience:  Entertainment Industry Professional
70951075

The cds of the "Lincoln Movie", both blueray and the dvd, are

Customer Question

The cds of the "Lincoln Movie", both blueray and the dvd, are missing a part of the movie version- I saw the movie twice because of one part of the movie - the part about Lincoln's trip to the Petersburg battle field. This was of special interest to me because that was the battles that my ancestors fought in and an uncle was wounded in. I bought the cd and it did say it was "abridged". So I bought a "blueRay" player & the "Blueray" copy of the movie since it was longer thinking that it would include the extra footage. But no! it was the same footage and did not include Lincoln's visit to the hospitals when he was at City Port. Is there any version of the movie that includes that portion of the movie!
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Understand why you would want to watch again this footage of something that your family was involved with.

As for the missing footage, it seems that there are at least a few movie packages sold that offer more than the standard version you may have. Called the four disc super set, this version has at least 50 minutes of additional features. While not sure if the scenes are shown in this four disk version, might be something to follow up with to see if the version is listed:

http://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Four-Disc-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B00AZKCU7G

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

First I want to thank you for your response - store personnel just look at me as if I am nuts.
I am afraid to order this because I am not sure I understand the process-is this something I can simply put in my BluRay player?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
There are times where a movie copy may have an edit out on the version that they sell to the public. I can think right away of the movie "Blazing Saddles" where a particular scene is not often shown on the copies that you can purchase.

The four disc super set is going to be the one sold that if the scene you are looking for is going to be shown, then it will be this set for sure. The set is BlueRay so it should work fine with the machine you purchased. Before purchasing the set though, see about the return policy from the online store so that if the scene is still not there, then you have the opportunity to return the set to receive your money back.

Here is hoping that the scene is in this set and that you can watch again and again as well as show to friends and family the history that you are aware of with President Lincoln.