Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Experience:  Entertainment Industry Professional

What is the absolute best fly tying starter kit for beginners

What is the absolute best fly tying starter kit for beginners for making flys for fly-fishing?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Fly fishing is a great sport and I have worked with a number of people who like to spend their vacations traveling the country to find good spots to fish. Fly tying kits are a great choice for a beginner who does not want to start with expensive tools or fly tying vises.

Spent the morning looking over reviews from outdoor publications that have offered reviews on starter kits. Here is what I was able to research:

1. Wapsi has been around for many years and is used by many fishing ethuziates. Rated highly and at a good price:

2. Product from Scientific Anglers that offers everything in their kit, from DVD instructions included in their travel case for when you are ready to start fishing at the lake: