Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst

For Cher: Are women wearing dark patterns or too-dark patterns

For Cher: Are women wearing dark patterns or too-dark patterns on purpose recently?
Are dark patterns a trend or popular now? Thanks.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello again and thanks for requesting me!

Yes, the fashion trending for this spring/summer are earth tones and darker colors like cornflower blue, olive green, slate grey, burnt orange and brown tones. You can get an idea of what they will look like, and in what materials, here:
http://www.fashionising.com/trends/b--spring-colors-2013-24624.html

If my response has satisfied all your concerns, a positive rating and positive feedback on the survey would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for entrusting your important question to Just Answer!

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are women wearing too-dark patterns on purpose? Is

all or any fashion, if worn, an agreement with the

important people in the world who are setting the

trends based on things and people they like and

agree with, or does it not happen that way? Is it

more looks or a statement you agree with what it

stands for or the people associated with it stand for

rather than their personal likes, the people they like?

Just a liking of the designer's work, the looks? Thanks.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

I think it's a combination of both--some people wear only designers they like/have a personal relationship with; some wear several designers, just because their colors and styles match their tastes and they like them. Some people go their own way and are not committed to one designer, but whatever style, color, look, they feel is best on them and suits their complexion and body type. Some celebrities have 'deals' with designers and wear their clothing exclusively, in return for free or reduced price pieces. A big name celebrity wearing 'your' (a big designer's) clothes, is the greatest advertisement for them!

The colors and patterns at this time do seem to be darker, yet some are bright too, like red. Yes, many people trend, following the important celebrities and designers and like to wear the same look. It's a personal thing, while at the same time, it's a 'popular' thing for some. Others, as I mentioned, concentrate more on what looks best on them and don't follow trends to a great extent.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Right, and are women wearing not just patterns, but

too-dark patterns on purpose, with some meaning

not really sarcasm but done partly because they are

too dark? This meaning different from the usual use of

black and patterns, and done this year like that?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

No, there is no special meaning to women wearing too-dark patterns; they're just trying to go with the trends.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

And they are not wearing them too-dark?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

In my opinion, some are too dark, yes; however, some of the dark patterns are rather pretty, depending on the person wearing them and the color combinations, themselves.

Do they appear too dark to you? What do you think about them?

Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So do you think the quality of being too dark is not a

part of the trend or a statement, just in each individual's

opinion? It's not like all the extra black and animal prints

and jewelry that's like a fence (looks), which has been

popular for years before this? I have seen some that

look a little dark to me, but wanted to know what it

meant. Seems like someone would wear that for

a reason. I am interested in wearing at an event or

anywhere.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

No, I think it's each individual's decision, if they like that look and look well in it.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst