Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst

The official portrait of Kate Middleton, married to Prince

The official portrait of Kate Middleton, married to Prince William of England, is online and I wanted to know, what your opinion of it is, the meaning of it besides what she looks like? Is it anti-stalking, something like that? Is it hers or anyone's opinion about current or recent events? Can any of that be avoided in a painting done now? Thanks. Looking for

your help on this. If not too much, in what facility is it hung?

Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, again and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Can you explain in a little more detail, what information you are seeking?

How are you relating the portrait to 'anti-stalking' or recent or current events?

Are you asking why an official portrait has just now been made available online?

Thanks for all your additional information.
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

For the moment, I can tell you that Kate's official portrait hangs in London's National Portrait Gallery.

I'm awating your reply so I can answer the rest of your question.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wanted to know, is there or what is the meaning of
the portrait, with the colors and expression, what would

someone say about it who knows the issues? Can

current art be done or is it done without respect to current

issues, maybe more classic or is that not as acceptable

or safe in today's world, culture?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your helpful reply and for your positive feedback.

I understand your question better, now.

I don't believe there is any underlying meaning to the portrait, it is just the way the artist chose to paint it. I agree it is not the 'best' portrait that could have been done, of this beautiful young woman, but art is in the eye of the beholder and this is how the artist chose to portray her.

He said he wanted to show her smiling, as she smiles often and has a beautiful smile; however, the 'closed mouth' smile, I feel is not flattering and the darkish colors and lines around her mouth and under her eyes also do not portray her beauty.

I don't think this is a 'political' statement or has anything to do with safety; it's simply the artist's rendering of Kate.

Please feel free to request me for any future questions by beginning your post with "For Cher". Thank you for entrusting your important question to Just Answer!

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT