Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

There is a book called, "The Secret of the Glass", by Donna

There is a book called, "The Secret of the Glass", by Donna Russo Morin which is
published by Kensington Books. What is your opinion of this book? I want to know if
it is considered decent or very good, or what, and if the reviews are from legitimate
review places, has it been reviewed properly, and is it an appropriate gift and
acceptable reading? Is it adult reading and would one be concerned if it was not
identified as such?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.

Hello again, and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

From the reviews I have read, it seems like a good read, but several readers had constructive criticism about certain facets of the book and a majority of them also claimed that the ending was disappointing. The criticisms were that it was too detailed and descriptions became boring due to this, many Italian words were used and if you don't know the language, it was frustrating, and it does have a romantic storyline which falls a little short. You can read these varying reviews, here: Reviews The average review seems to be 3.41 out of 5. This site is reliable, as I have read reviews here before reading a book and what most of the reviewers say has rung true. This is another good review which sums up and gives some examples of the prior referenced criticisms of the book: http://www.historicalnovels.info/Secret-of-the-Glass.html

Most readers also said it was a little difficult to 'get into', but once they overcame that, it was worth reading.

I would definitely consider it adult reading, and if the person to whom you are considering giving it as a gift has an interest in historical romance novels and Italy, I believe it will be well-received.

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. If my response has satisfied all your concerns, a positive rating and positive feedback on the survey would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!
Warmest regards,
Cher