Michael
Michael , Entertainment Industry Analyst
Experience:  Entertainment Industry Professional
70951075

I just left Vegas and was staying at the Golden Nugget. There

I just left Vegas and was staying at the Golden Nugget. There i found a 5000 dollar poker chip in my suitcase. Upon finding this chip i am now freaking out because i am already back in Ny and have know way of cashing out. Any suggestions?!
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
This is something that people often have happen to them when they are having a great time in Las Vegas and come home to find they have casino chips that they forgot to cash out.

I have researched this morning various travel sites and review some recommendations other travelers have posted on this very topic.

The first thing I would recommend is to contact the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas and see what the house rules are in terms of cashing chips are. It is possible that they may let you mail back the chip along with information from you such as your players club identification number. If they allow this, then get all the information needed such as address, contact person as well as mailing certified.

Located closer to you in New York, there is a Golden Nugget in Atlantic City so you may wish to contact them to see if they will accept the chip from Las Vegas to be cashed.

Other than that, put the chip in a safe place and see if either a friend or family member is going to Las Vegas to cash the chip for you or wait until you plan another trip in the near future.