Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst

In the original movie Star Wars, (the original, the 1977 version)

In the original movie Star Wars, (the original, the 1977 version) what was the name of the character that Darth Vader consulted with and/or answered to? I believe this character might have been a hollowgram or something like that, but I am not too sure because I don't remember the details. Thank you.

Hello again, Jaime and welcome back to Just Answer!

This is Cher, and it will be my pleasure to assist you with your Star Wars question today.

I believe you are thinking of Grand Moff Tarkin, played by Peter Cushing. He is considered Darth Vader's equal and consults with him, and while he never really gives Darth Vader orders, he does tell him to release General Motti from his force-choke and to terminate Princess Leia.

Emperor Palpatine, who is not actualy seen in the first Star Wars movie, but is referenced by Grand Moff Tarkin, who announces that the Emperor has decided to disband the Imperial Senate, can be thought of as Darth Vader's 'boss'. He appears for the first time as Darth Vader's 'master' in "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back", when he sends a holograhic communication to tell him of a 'great disturbance in The Force'. This may be what you're thinking of re: the hologram.

I hope this helped!

If you need additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. If my response has satisfied all your concerns, a positive rating and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!

Warmest regards,