Martin, Engineer
Experience:  Fan of Cinema and Video Games
14666028

Is there any stainless flatware out there that does not water

Customer Question

Is there any stainless flatware out there that does not water spot, rust, wear. I know it should be 18/10 but beyond that does anyone have personal experience with a superior brand?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Martin replied 3 years ago.
Hello. 18/10 should not rust unless you clean with steel wool (that can inject low quality steel into the flatware and then rust will show on them.

I have LOT of different flatware from different era. None are rusting. The ones i have the more is Oneida. They also do a set of Titanium coated ones (not the greatest idea for a knife i think).

Water spot may come from mineral in your water, so is rust if you have LOT of iron in it. You may consider getting it analyzed and perhaps add a filter at least for the kitchen. Another mineral than can let deposit is calcium.

As for the wear, not using a dishwasher help a lot. You can wash them by hand or go all the way and buy an ultrasonic cleaner. But most of the time they are just fine (and i have some going back to the 70's)
Martin, Engineer
Experience: Fan of Cinema and Video Games