Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Experience:  Entertainment Industry Professional

I am looking for fun things to do during my summer visitation

I am looking for fun things to do during my summer visitation with my daughter who will be 13 in October of this year. She is with me for June 1st - July 7th in the Washington DC / Maryland / Northern Virginia area.

She is creative - likes dance (creates her own dance steps), arts and crafts (sculpture, working with clay, drawing), likes being outdoors, loves making movies on her iPad and is thinking of becoming a movie director / screen director.
What a fantastic city like our nations capital to connect with your daughter during the beginning of summer.

Spent the evening looking for listings for interesting things to do, in terms of creativity and being outdoors. Of course the obvious is attending the July 4th festivities on the capital lawn as well as the many museums within the Smithsonian. As for other options:

1. offers categories such as art and culture to outdoor activities. Various theatre and performing arts venues to visit as well as outdoor trails to hike and bike:

2. Culture Capital offers many ideas, from theatre, dance music and museums:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you please send me the links, day, time and cost of any courses for working with clay, sculpturing, and/or drawing? In the DC-MD-VA area between June 1st and July 7th?

Here are some programs I was able to research this morning:

1. Corcoran Gallery of Art:
Camp Creativity. The program features hands-on art classes for ages 5-13, plus Studio D for ages 14-16. In this series of week long workshops, campers explore traditional subjects such as painting, drawing, and sculpture, as well as non-traditional processes such as cartooning, mixed media, and web design.(NNN) NNN-NNNN

2. YMCA summer day camps for art:

3. Children Create! Summer 2011, Edgemoor Art Studio
12616 Lake Ridge Drive
Ages Served: Children and teens ages 5-12
A fun, creative camp where your child will make art through their creative process! Drawing, print-making, painting,clay sculpture,collaborative projects, and more! Select week(s) app. for your child's age 9am-3pm M-F $300 inc. materials & snack

4. Capital Hill Arts Workshop: