Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst

Does The Directors Cut mean that a certain movie contains

Does The Director's Cut mean that a certain movie contains scenes and parts that were NOT seen in the original version of the movie or does it mean that scenes and parts that were in the original movie are "cut off" in The Director's Cut? Thank you.
Hi again, Jaime and welcome back to Just Answer.

The answer to your question is that The Director's Cut may contain extra scenes and parts that were not in the theatrical release version of the move and/or it may contain scenes/parts that were cut out.

In essence, The Director's Cut may emphasize more of the narrative and therefore, may be more 'boring' or drawn out than the movie version shown in the theater. Some viewers may appreciate this aspect more than others.

Here is additional information including some favorites of the author of this posting:
(Read the interesting comments below, as well)

This site is also helpful:

I hope this helped!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions by clicking "Reply" and I will be glad to continue our conversation. Thanks!

If this information was helpful to you, it would be greatly appreciated if you could please take a moment to rate positively and provide positive feedback so I may be credited by the site for my assistance.

If you wish to request me for any future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher". Thank you!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Best regards,
Hi again, Jaime and thanks very much for your positive rating, which is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,