MediaArtsSpecialist
MediaArtsSpecialist, Media Specialist
Experience:  TV, movie, arts and digital media specialist

How to become a model and where to meet them and where do they

How to become a model and where to meet them and where do they hang out and where is the best place to become a model is it through an online modelling agency?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi i would like to continue please. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  MediaArtsSpecialist replied 1 year ago.
Awesome Will - thats a great goal to work for.

First thing you will need to become a model is a portfolio and a couple of head shots(photos of your upper torso) and some other full body(or half body) shots to show people what roles in a photo you would be appropriate for.

Next you would need to search your local boards for casting for roles(they will openly be advertised if there are any) and then at that point you submit your portfolio and if they like you they will call or email you.

First thing you need, before anything else is to get your portfolio started (cheap and easy would be with a local photography looking for models) and then get your headshots so agencies know what you look like and where you would fit in their role casting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike do you know if being a model i have to do it for the rest of my life i don't mind doing it for a short time and meeting other models?
Hey bud, no you can take whatever modeling jobs you want for as often as you want or as long as you want. Just for education, this is why people hire agents, so the agents can do the work of booking the jobs so the models can focus on just modeling.

Its an ideal job if you ask me. Meet people, travel, easy work basically your own schedule.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you can set your own hours because i thought that the people who would hire me want me to come at certain times like a job?
They do - however its completely up to you if you want to commit to the job. You pick and choose whatever jobs you want.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much do models earn at the start per shot and per day?

Can you send me links of where to send my photos to and a local place i live in Weymouth, Dorset?

I don't know how to pose in front of photos also they will scream at me i reckon?

Am looking for modelling agencies where i can meet other Japanese models do you have somewhere where i can find it?
Each job is paid differently, you have to ask the photographer and venue.

The photographer will instruct on posing etc

You will need to actually inquire to different agencies about specifically working with japanese models.

You actually need to get your headshots done first then you photographer can suggest submission based on his contacts

http://www.nickstubbs.com/

http://www.edcolemanphotography.com/Travel/Weymouth-1/24184409_KBPgsK#!i=1966693690&k=h2cq7rN

You want portraits done, you can tell them headshots and they will know exactly and then can help with other photos.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much do both cost do you know?

If i can't do the job of modelling very well at the start will they scream and shout at me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike did you get my last message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can someone in the entertainment industry please help me am not getting a reply back?

Will I am so sorry - I don't get a notification of anyone's replies - I have asked my customer service to help. Perhaps it is in the works.

So very sorry about that buddy.

To answer your question, most photographers book by the hour or the package. They would never scream and shout at you because they would never get any clients or any respect that way.

They just tell you politely on making adjustments in your position, face, body, whatever the photo is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike no problem my true friend don't worry. How much do these two services cost for taking photos i need that is all?:

http://www.nickstubbs.com/

Where is the nearest modelling agency near Weymouth, Dorset United Kingdom England, so i won't have to travel far by train or bus and do expenses get paid for once i get to the modelling place?

I don't mind the type of model to be how much would i get paid for if i did any modelling at the start per shot, apart from a porn model so not a porn model and anything rude and bad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike please can you reply back because i sent you a message?

Hi will I am sorry - I don't quite know what the systems' issue is here. I am sorry and don't want you to think im skipping over your replies, im simply not getting them.

YOu have to email the photographers-

Just say

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X am interested in headshots and starting a portfolio, could you send me some of your rates please?

Thank you.

Paid jobs are quite variable so pay rate is dependent on the job and the amount of work involved. I couldn't accurately give you a price on "modeling" as a whole but it can range as hourly rates to daily rates and then also "per job" - again not decided by me but what the job is.

Take a moment and give me a rating if you would be so kind. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here is what comes up for agencies specifically - http://www.yell.com/s/modelling+agencies-weymouth-dorset.html

As far as pay, you really need to inquire about each job and its pay individually. I cannot tell you because I don't set the rates on it. Plus thats your job as the model to negotiate if needed, if you feel you should be paid more.
The other thing is once you get established, really really established(like years down the road) you or your agent at that time can set your own rates and photographers would technically be paying you. Its like give and take until both the photographer and the model then are established, first paying the other one, then once well established(or established enough) the model is then paid.

For example you may have to pay the photographer first, but if you really enjoy the work and get enough jobs to become a known model, photographers may want to shoot you for photos and thus need to pay you.

At this point William I need you to provide me a rating for answering the question accurately thus far. I spend quite a bit of time on your questions and am not always compensated for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry is it me Mike who doesn't pay you?

Yep, I'm paid when you rate the answers with a smiley face based on your happiness with our interaction.

And I think per the terms of your use on the site as I provide answers to you its your responsibility to rate them as thats the ONLY way I receive any sort of compensation for my time. Merely answering them and spending the time with you does nothing until you rate.

MediaArtsSpecialist, Media Specialist
Experience: TV, movie, arts and digital media specialist