Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Experience:  Entertainment Industry Professional

My twenty four year old son is a student at USC when he can

My twenty four year old son is a student at USC when he can afford it. He writes music and hip hop stuff and is in a group that performs several times a year mostly at college venues and local clubs. They have quite a following and a lot of music out there. They almost opened for Maclamore recently but somthing went wrong and it did not happen. Because of the huge expense of USC, he takes a few units at a time and attends a class or two..without borrowing money. Fifteen hundred a unit. He would like to enter into some kind of internship (I may be using the wrong term) at a music house like Sony for example. It needs to be a paid position. His uncle is a highly successful reality TV producer. Any thoughts?
Congrats to your son on his hard work in a very difficult career to break in with. It sounds like his talent is taking him far and his future looks bright.

I would first recommend that your son check within the music as well as the business department of SC. The alumni and connections this school has are quite expansive and can lead to some important contacts to consider.

As for a paid internship, try looking these sites for ideas:

Also search under music internships in L.A. using job search engines such as Indeed and Simply Hired.