Michael
Michael, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Experience:  Entertainment Industry Professional
70951075

how would i find out the details of a mixed martial arts event

how would i find out the details of a mixed martial arts event that was held in northern california in 2001 0r 2002 probably at an INDIAN CASINO.NEED TO FIND THE PRODUCER AS WELL AS THE PROMOTER AND IF IT WAS BROADCAST AS I BELIEVE IT WAS THEN SOME INFORMATION RELEVANT TO WHO ON THE PRODUCTION SIDE OF THE BROADCAST WAS INVOLVED.THERE WAS SO LITTLE IN SO FAR AS ACTUAL PARTICIPANTS IN THE INDUSTRY AT THE TIME THAT I THINK IT WOULD STICK OUT
LAWRENCE GOLDMAN
Conducted some research on your question with MMA and the timeline you listed as well as any mention of it being held in an Indian Casino. Here is what I have been able to locate for you to see if this is something you wish to follow up with:

June 30, 2001 -- Answering a call from the Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino (then the The Palace Indian Gaming Center) in Lemoore, Calif. for MMA events at the venue, XXXXX XXXXX and Reed Harris start up World Extreme Cagefighting and the first event is headlined by Dan Severn vs. Travis Fulton. Leonard Garcia, who has stayed with the WEC until the end, is in the second fight of the night and wins by knockout.

Also:

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2010/12/wec-53-preview-historic-night-of-mma-features-championship-doubleheader

As for broadcast info:

Reed Harris and XXXXX XXXXX began the promotion back in 2001, and for the next five years held a majority of their events locally in Lemoore, Ca. on a native Indian reservation.

Between 2001 and 2006, most of their events aired on HDNet.