N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty , Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in California since 1983
9653905

Where do I find Japanese movie industry networking and contacts

Where do I find Japanese movie industry networking and contacts people to make my movie as a script writer?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi.

I would like to wait please.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to wait please.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wait thank you.

Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 3 years ago.
There are some Japanese agencies that represent screenwriters listed at
http://www.mandy.com/1/services.cfm?c=agnt&t=japa&p=1

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi how long have you been in the entertainment industry as a related question if you don't mind me asking?

I have represented artists (mostly musicians) since the 1980's, and worked for a firm that represented a record company and some nightclubs in the 1980's.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh really. The website you gave me can you help me find some Japanese movie directors and producers and crew that i can send or use them to help me make my movie script into a movie?

http://ir.amuse.co.jp/ represents screenwriters, but I do not read Japanese.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you show me where to find what i need what i just said for the last link or website you gave me because there is a English section?

The English version of that web site, at
http://ir.amuse.co.jp/english/index.html
is directed to investors and not talent.

Can you read Japanese?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No only English. Do you have the link section where to find what i need please?

There is guide to the Japanese film industry posted at
http://unijapan.org/files/pdf/co-production_guide2010.pdf
which may be informative but does not list screewriters agents.

The largest literary agency in Japan is
http://www.tuttlemori.com/contact.html

I have been unable to find a directory of Japanese screenwriters agents in English.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If i wanted to get involved in acting in my movie script is that possible or would they only hire famous actors?

It is not unusual for the screenwriter to appear in his own movie. Quentin Tarantino appears in almost all of his movies. Alfred Hitchcock often appeared in his movies.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because i can't act but i can be myself from the script since i do a lot of expressions since am ill am not sure if the movie director will think if i can act or not?

If you make a deal with a producer to produce your script, that agreement can specify that you will play a certain character in the film, and the director would not be able to overrule the producers agreement with you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about picking on actor i want?

It all depends on the terms of the deal with the producer.
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience: Attorney in California since 1983
Thank you for the Excellent rating!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem.