Ask Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.
Experience:  10+ years as an Entertainment Executive and Industry Insider

I am an emering artist in Toronto, Ontario who has Jazz, Neo

Customer Question

I am an emering artist in Toronto, Ontario who has Jazz, Neo Soul Sound. How could I go about being heard by one of the recording studios here in Toronto. I am also a songwriter as well.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am prepared to wait for an answer.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Ask Veronica replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Veronica and I will be working on your inquiry.

I specialize in talent representation and marketing. Have your ever made a recording

demo and done a major marketing effort ? The first step would be to email or mail

a well made demo of your work to various recording studios. I also recommend

contacting your local radio stations and morning shows and pitch yourself to be a

guest. Local entities are more likely to support a local resident. I would also

query local small business owners that play music during the day, and see if they

would include some of your tracks like small bookstores, coffee shops ect... Patrons

often buy compilations of such music or will want to know who is playing if they

do not recognize the artist.The key is to start getting your name/brand out there on a

local level and build a buzz. I look forward to hearing from you if you have

questions or need any additional assistance or help.

include your music
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your assistance Veronica....I would like to explore the options that you provided to me further. I do have a CD whcih was done back in 2010 and as a songwriter have written new songs which were peformed in an inteactive environment in downtown Toronto. The entire show was professionally video taped and recorded. I now have a way of selling myself in a more updated fashion. I would like to take ona major marketing effort but I am not sure how to start. would you be interested in engaging on a deeper level to explore some of the options you have presented?