MediaArtsSpecialist
MediaArtsSpecialist, Media Specialist
Experience:  TV, movie, arts and digital media specialist
65186368

How much is it to book these DJs in NYC? Loco Dice John

Customer Question

How much is it to book these DJ's in NYC?

Loco Dice
John Digweed
Sasha
Massive Attack
XXXXX XXXXX
Richie Hawtin
Dubfire
Luciano
Magda
Bookah Shade
DJ Shadow
The Glitch Mob
Aphex Twin
Maceo Plex
Seth Troxler
Maya Jane Coles
Kraftwerk
Sven Vath
XXXXX XXXXXebing
Adam Beyer
Pete Tong
UMEK
The Chemical Brothers
Claude Vonstroke
Lee Burridge
XXXXX XXXXX
Rusko
RJD2
Pretty Lights
Bassnectar
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Came across your request today and tried researching various artists you list with their booking rates for NYC. As far as I can research, you have to request a price from the booking agent that each artist uses for their DJ gigs.

I would start by using the website http://thedjlist.com/ as they list the top DJ's that you are looking for on your list and the agency for each artist. You can then inquire about price and availability for each artist to hire for your event.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are general existing rates for these artists. The agents in this industry ask you to submit offers instead of giving you these rates right off the bat. This answer is of no help.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Let me opt out so that another expert can possibly assist you with your question.
Expert:  MediaArtsSpecialist replied 3 years ago.
My name is Mike

I would like to introduce myself as an avid EDM and electronic music with contacts and friends in the music and entertainment industry.

Let me start by saying this is quite the question. A very long list of artists with varying degrees of popularity and success.

I can tell you immediately the booking rates are going to be somewhat variable for a myriad of reasons. First one being a lot of the more popular DJs already have their schedules made for the upcoming seasons both in tour and in radio - for example Carl Cox plays on some satellite radio stations weekly or monthly.

The heavy hitters like The chemical brothers, carl cox, RJD2, bassnectar, Sasha and others are going to be in the high tens of thousands. I trust you understand it would be next to impossible to even guess accurately because the factors that play into their booking rates are time of year, venue, venue size, venue booked time, crowd attendance, date and travel accommodation etc... Without knowing those its hard to even begin to estimate but you can count on them being in the high 5 figure range for a small show, small venue, into the 6 figure range depending on the crowd and set length.

The smaller lesser known artists(we have to look at this from a non-niche perspective) would be in the thousands to low/mid 10s of thousands to book, again based on popularity, and then all the other factors included previously.

What venue, length of set time, date, etc.. can you provide to narrow down a number.