Martin, Engineer
Experience:  Fan of Cinema and Video Games
14666028

In the ground-breaking 1982 MTV video of "When the Bullet Hits

Customer Question

In the ground-breaking 1982 MTV video of "When the Bullet Hits the Bone" by Golden Earring, who plays the part of the female spy / covert contact who is also the lead dancer in the tortuous interrogation sequence in the industrial basement? Was that trio of female dancers a part of a dance troupe? If so, what was the name of that troupe? Who originated the choreography? And what is the history of that lead dancer and/or dance troupe before and after the 1982 video?

Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. The song/video is called "Twilight Zone". I don't know about this (credit were rare in that time) but the director of the video was Dick Maas. You can contact him at this emailXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and ask him about anything on the subject. I "assume" she is a Dutch actress. A movie (live show) called "live from the twilight zone" exist, perhaps they came back for it and are in the credit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My hope was that a Certified Entertainment Expert over JustAnswers.com might have better information systems, databases, knowledge, or searching skills than merely Googling the keywords, which anyone with an internet connection can do. Is your answer that you have no idea who this actress / dancer might be other than possibly someone Dutch based on a hunch given the director / band / video shoot location? And that your expert answer is I can possibly find my answer by emailing the director regarding a video shot 31 years ago, assuming he responds to emails from strangers or is even still alive? I think your answer is, "I don't know...." which begs the question, "Why did you respond at all unless you hoped somehow you could get paid for posting a couple of data points surrounding the question but not really answering the question at all?"

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I looked at all the database i have and those available online and found nothing. Those early video really are poorly referenced, perhaps someone will eventually take that big task one day.

My answer was indeed the email of the director. He sure would remember that and yes he is still alive (he still have a movie in the pipeline) And he would not make his email available if he was not wanting contact. I could contact him for you but you probably would receive your info faster talking to him directly (plus the coolness of that fact alone).
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to see that you don't appreciate that i gave you the email of the director. I hope that you at least will try it.

The reason i took the question is that i don't believe someone will be able to answer that one (without contacting the director).

Sometime giving a possible track to the answer is as good as giving the answer. Do you want me to contact Dick and ask him? I can do that if you want.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I am looking for the name of the actress / dancer and/or dance troupe / choreographer from a ground-breaking, world famous video -- as detailed in my question -- not redirections on how I might possibly find out the answer myself by networking through others across the world I don't know who have no incentive to respond to my question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When one is a financier and producer of motion picture and televised projects, contacting other producers / directors regarding well-recognized talent they have used in the past will only lead to many inquiries from those producers as they will likely be looking for financial backing of their next project. I prefer to approach the talent / troupe / choreographer through my own network. And not having formerly worked with Dick Maas, the risk is high that my inquiry would not be met with a straightforward answer without the favor of answers in return. I pay JustAnswers.com for straightforward answers with no other strings attached to provide answers myself other than to pay the bill each month in subscribing to the service. I don't pay Dick Maas for answers. I hope you can appreciate the difference in the dynamics here. But versus consulting an Electrical Engineer, I will work through CAA next time. [AHEM!]

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!