Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

For Cher. Am looking for best ways to get into the movie industry

For Cher. Am looking for best ways to get into the movie industry as a producer, movie director, script writer and some acting is Internships is the best option, one expert told me about it Veronica?
Hello again, William.

Yes, Internships are the best ways to start out in the many facets of the movie industry. Some internships are paid and some are not, but you learn an awful lot working alongside the professionals.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thank you!

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority!

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Which are the best internships best in London i saw a few?

Hi again, William, and thanks for your reply.

Please allow me a short while to research this for you. Thanks!

Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem my good friend Cher my Big Sister.

Hi again, William and thanks so much for your patience!

Check these out:

http://www.rhul.ac.uk/careers/documents/pdf/howtogetworkexperienceandinternshipsinthefilmindustry.pdf

http://www.londoninternships.com/summerinternships/

http://www.internshipinlondon.com/media/internship-production-assistant-intern/114

http://www.4rfv.co.uk/recruit.asp

____________________________________________________

****It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my each of my answers in a positive manner so I may be credited by the site for my time and effort.****

Thanks very much!
Laughing

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much again Cher my good friend are Internships the best to do and i don't need to be a film runner?

Hi again, William and you're most welcome.

Internships are best to do in the particular field you're interested in, in film production, etc. However, a film runner may be a good way to start and then apply for an internship. Please be aware that most of the internships may require some degrees in film studies. I know you mentioned you didn't want to to for a degree, but just training in film aspects, so keep this in mind, too, when you're searching for an internship.

****It would be greatly appreciated if you could remember to rate my each of my answers in a positive manner so I may be credited by the site for my time and effort.****

Thanks very much!
Laughing

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Cher my good friend.

What did you mean here?: I know you mentioned you didn't want to to for a degree, but just training in film aspects, so keep this in mind, too, when you're searching for an internship.

Can i still do internships without being a runner also?

Hi again, William.

I meant that you said you wanted to take film courses, etc., but not get a degree and some of the sites I found for internships mentioned graduate degrees. Some companies do hire interns to learn the business without any formal education in the field, so those are the ones you need to concentrate on.

I must sign off for the night, now. It's after 3:30AM for me.

Please remember to rate my answers if you are satisfied with my help. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you very much my good friend am not sure about charging or paying you extra the support said can you find out as well as me?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So internships are the same as a runner but better since i can do as much as i want to in a certain time instead of in one film studio as a runner?

I can learn all areas of movies just by doing internships?

Do I get paid for Internships usually and how much?

Hi again, William and thanks for your patience, as I was offline when you posted back; I know we also have a time zone difference between us! Laughing

While you can learn all areas of movies by doing internships, it's still good to take some classes and get your basic information about all facets of films and film production in that way.

Some internships pay and some don't. Look at the list I already sent you and you will see that information. They usually don't pay a lot, in general, because you're like an 'apprentice', learning more about the trade.

A runner is a good position and a way in which you can learn a lot about all the departments of film making. You can read more, here:
http://www.creativeskillset.org/film/jobs/article_1745_1.asp

Regarding your question about the amount of your deposit, it's about half or less, of what you offered for some of your other questions I answered (and a lot less than many of your other questions in other categories) and is considered quite underpriced for the information you're requesting, which requires quite a bit of research on the part of the expert. If you could raise the amount of your offer and/or include a nice bonus for a job well done, that would be greatly appreciated!

Also, please remember to rate all answers in a positive manner so I receive credit for my time and effort. Thanks very much!

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's difficult doing runner jobs because they don't always have it and the one i got from a good friend of mine was this http://www.talentcircle.org/ but they don't always have it and it's not in London it's all over the place in the UK mainly i think in England so would internships still be any good the more i do ones for over 1 year of experience, skills and knowledge and methods?

I want to do all sorts of training plus do the http://www.media-courses.com/ film school is that enough plus internships?

Hi again, William and thanks very much for your reply, Excellent rating and most generous bonus; they are greatly appreciated!

Also, thanks for your patience, as I was offline most of the day.

Yes, the talent circle site you included sounds like a great opportunity, with the screenwriter's festival, but it also sounds quite intensive and the cost is quite high, so it doesn't sound like it would fulfill your needs at this time. You can register with them, though, to receive free updates through email, etc., and this will keep you in the loop of what's going on in the industry.

Yes, we had discussed this (http://www.media-courses.com/) in the past and it sounds good for your purposes. You will need to concentrate on the courses first, and then apply for an internship, which they usually help you find. Yes, I absolutely think taking the film courses and doing an internship will be enough for what you would like to do, eventually.

Bonuses are also always welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks very much!
Laughing

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem and no worries about being offline we're all busy no need to apologise.

Sorry to double check you think media-courses.com and internships are enough to do to become a movie director, script writer, producer and some acting in my own movies for the future only and the internships links you sent me?

Hi again, William.

Yes, i think the media courses you are considering, plus interning with experienced artists in the field should start you on your way to doing what you have dreamt of doing in the movie business. There's a lot to learn, but I am confident you will succeed if you take things slowly. These things don't happen overnight and it takes a lot of stamina and desire to attain this lifelong dream.

Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied! Thanks!
Laughing

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I did rate already and here's another one for free to show you helped my out my good friend thank you very much my good friend i don't know how to thank you. Smile

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Cher is it ok if I ask you how much experience do you have in the entertainment industry?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Cher did you get my last message?

Hi Will and thanks for requesting me!

I hope you've been well!

Site rules require that you open a new question for me and not continue to ask questions on this old thread, so please open a new, separate question starting with 'For Cher' in this category (Entertainment) and I will be happy to continue to help you.

Thanks,
Cher