Erdaram
Erdaram, Composer, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards
Experience:  I have been Writing, Arranging, Composing, Preforming and Recording Music for 37 years.

is john mayer a jerk?

is john mayer a jerk?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Erdaram replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will endeavor to answer your question.

.

Well... Most who have had closer contact with him and who are no currently hoping to gain anything from hanging around John will say that he is one of the biggest Jerks in show biz. The general consensous is that he used to be a decent guy but who let celebrity go to his head and he is now quite full of himself and has turned into an arrogant (you fill in the word here).

.

The June 6th Hollywood.com had this to say:

.

"John Mayer: Officially a Jerk Again"!

Well that didn't take long. Just weeks after John Mayer appeared on The Ellen Show, claiming to be a changed man, he's proven once again that he'll always be - first and foremost - a complete and utter jerk. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine, the 34-year-old singer slams Taylor Swift for penning the song "Dear XXXXX," which was allegedly about their former relationship.

"It made me feel terrible," Mayer tells the magazine, whose latest issue will be on newsstands June 8. "Because I didn't deserve it. I'm pretty good at taking accountability now, and I never did anything to deserve that. It was a really lousy thing for her to do." He also goes on to say just how surprised he was when he first heard Swift's lyrics. "I was really caught off-guard, and it really humiliated me at a time when I'd already been dressed down," he says. "I mean, how would you feel if, at the lowest you've ever been, someone kicked you even lower?"

Swift's song appeared on her best-selling 2010 album Speak Now and included lyrics like: "Dear XXXXX, I see it all, now it was wrong / Don't you think 19 is too young to be played by your dark twisted games, when I loved you so?"

Sure, he has the right to be a little upset, but, as always, Mayer proceeded to take things too far and started name-calling. "I will say as a songwriter that I think it's kind of cheap songwriting," he says. "I know she's the biggest thing in the world, and I'm not trying to sink anybody's ship, but I think it's abusing your talent to rub your hands together and go, 'Wait till he gets a load of this!' That's bulls-t."

Anyone who knows anything about Swift would contest that she doesn't have a vindictive bone in her body. She was hurt and this song is how her 19-year-old self coped with the situation. Mayer, at the very least, should be respectful of that. Plus, taking aim at Swift is like throwing rocks at a puppy: Totally and completely cruel. And why is he bringing this up now when the song has been around for two years? Not to mention, the entirety of his album, Battle Studies, is almost certainly a product of his past relationship with Jennifer Aniston. Pot, meet Kettle. His harsh commentary seems to proves how little he's really changed.

You mess with Swift and you're going to get burned. Just ask Kanye.

I would say that all signs point to "Yes, John Mayer is a Jerk"!

Experience: I have been Writing, Arranging, Composing, Preforming and Recording Music for 37 years.