Cher
Cher , MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
1470369

What is the name of the movie that is about a lady whos a bad

What is the name of the movie that is about a lady whos a bad lounge singer, and a man who is scared of commitment, they fall in love etc.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
Hello. This sound familiar to me but it does not trigger more than this. Anymore detail you remember (a very simple detail can make the difference for me).

Was it American?
Made around what year?
Comedy?
Any actor you remember (even if you don't remember the name, just telling a part played in another movie help a lot).
Silver screen or TV movie?
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Welcome back to Just Answer and thanks for your question.

If this is an 'older' movie and a musical, what comes to mind is 'Guys and Dolls'. Frank Sinatra plays Nathan Detroit, the guy allergic to commitment and Vivian Blaine plays 'Adelaide', the lounge singer/chorus girl who wants him to marry her.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048140/

If this is not the film you were thinking of, please let me know approximately when the move was made and was it a comedy, drama and/or musical?

Please do not 'Rate' the answer at all if this is not the movie you are seeking. Please click 'Reply to Expert' so we can continue our conversation and find the movie you're seeking. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not a musical probably a 70s or 80s movie about a dysfunctional man who has a committment phobia it take place in the new york area. Shes jewish hes italian i think
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks very much for your reply.

I believe you are thinking of "Made For Each Other" from 1971, written by, and starring husband/wife team Joseph Bologna and Renee Taylor. Here is more information about the movie and the plot:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_for_Each_Other_%281971_film%29

If this is the movie you are remembering, please remember to give me a positive rating--choose the happiest smiley face. Laughing Thanks!

If you need more information, if this is not the movie, simply click 'Reply to Expert' or 'Continue Conversation' and I will continue researching for you.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst