Ask Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.
Experience:  10+ years as an Entertainment Executive and Industry Insider
64268913

Hi Cher, Do you know what happen to the actress Ann Marie,

Hi Cher, Do you know what happen to the actress Ann Marie, her real name isXXXXX was one of the stars of the Russ Meyer, movie Beneath the Valley of the Ultra Vixens, she played a huge breasted evangelical radio preacher. is there a way I can can in touch with her?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, Gregory and thanks for requesting me to answer your question today.

I hope you have been well.

Please allow me a short while to research this actress for you.

Thanks,
Cher
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Perhaps Cher will get something more than me. For now i can't seem to go farther than losing her trace in a "little town" near Olso (Norway). As she's probably wealthy i would suspect one with a lake nearby.

The Russ Meyer testamentary executor and secretary was Janice Cowart of http://www.rmfilms.com/ (they still distribute the films). You can reach them atXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and they perhaps maintain a link for professional reasons with Ann Marie. Try to get them to give you her postal address.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: Fan of Cinema and Video Games
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Gregory.

I'm glad Martin was able to help you in my absence. My internet connection was going in and out due to storms we had, so I wasn't able to get back to you more quickly.

I will continue to research this for you and see if I can find anything additional.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cher, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX't have the option to click accept, but I do accept your answer.
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Gregory and you are most welcome.

You're very sweet! Laughing Thank you for your intention to accept my answer, but I did not yet send you an actual answer yet, that's why there is no Accept button. I'm still researching this actress for you and will get back to you as soon as possible, with more information sent as an 'Answer' and then, you can click Accept.

I'll be back in touch very soon!

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Gregory and thanks for your patience.

There is no personal information on the internet that provides Ann Marie's present location or contact info. The Russ Meyer film company mentioned by Martin, which produced "Beneath the Valley of the Ultra Vixens" may be able to tell you her whereabouts (in general terms, of course), what she's doing now that she's retired, and also may be able to provide an agent's email or address, but of course would not reveal her exact location or phone/email, as celebrities guard their privacy. You can contact that production company at this phone number in Hollywood:(NNN) NNN-NNNNor write to them at:

R.M. Films International
P.O. Box 3748
Hollywood, CA 90078
___________________________________

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Martin, thank you for the information. I contacted Janice Cowart, she reply today
she said, that she didn't have the address of ann marie, and even if she had she
wouldn't be able to give to to me without ann marie's permission.
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Gregory.

I just wanted to let you know that another Entertainment Expert (Ask Veronica) graciously offered to try to help obtain information on Ann Marie through 'SAG' (Screen Actors Guild) and they said that she hasn't been active, paid dues, nor been on their rolls for over 20 years.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Cher I join the sag & aftra union, I had a problem, with one of the agents, can this
hurt my chances of getting into the business? it was a company called " actors access", the person that runs it is linda weaver, I find out that she doesn't have a good
reputation, also I have sent pictures & resumes to the studios one of them came back
as a refusal, I know that I'm not allow to contact the studios, what can I do?
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Gregory and thanks for requesting me.

I'm going to refer your question to one of our other experts who has personal experience with SAG and other agencies, so she should be able to help you. Her name is XXXXX XXXXX she should get back to you as soon as she's online.

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Ask Veronica replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gregory,

I am a Talent Agent and I can absolutely help you with your questions.

If you would be so kind, please repost your question in a new thread and write for

Ask Veronica in the subject line, I am preparing your answer now, so as soon as

you post, if will send it immediately.

I look forward to allaying some of your fears,

Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.
Experience: 10+ years as an Entertainment Executive and Industry Insider
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Veronica I join the sag & aftra union, I had a problem, with one of the agents, can this
Hi Gregory,

I want to make sure I am clear on your first question. Is it if I join or I have joined ?

If you have NOT yet joined, please note that the two unions have recently merged

and are now known as SAG/AFTRA: ( http://www.sagaftra.org )

If you are currently a member of just SAG or AFTRA the merge automatically moves

you over in to the new union. If you are not currently a member, have you earned

the correct number of waivers to join ?

In terms of an Agent hurting your chances of getting in to the business, I also want to

make it clear if you are referring to becoming a member of SAG/AFTRA, or can

an Agent hurt your reputation ? If it is the latter, it would be easier for me to answer if

I knew what happened to cause a rift in your relationship. But generally in any

business, bad mouthing is neither legal or professionally acceptable.

I know the company Actors Access. Were you a signed client there or were you

freelancing and how long was your professional relationship ?

When you say you have been sending pictures and resumes to studios, are you

referring to casting offices or film studios ? It is very unusual for anyone to take the

time to mail back your materials. Are you sure it wasn't a return to sender ? Maybe

the address was incorrect ?

re: Contacting studios

I am guessing you are based in NYC if you were working with Access. Have you

ever gone to a one on one where you pay a small fee to audition in front of an Agent

or Casting Director ? That is the best way you can get yourself in front of the right

people.

Please let me know if i may be of further assistance in this matter.

Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had join the actor union. I received the address for actors Access, from Sag & Aftra
It was a list of Agents and movie studios, I was told to contact them. I sent my picture &
resume to actors Access, and I received a call from linda weaver, she ask me was I interested in acting, I said yes, then she ask me if I have a voice over demo I said no.
and she said that she couldn't do anything for me, and that she doesn't deal with actors
or casting jobs, I told her that the list I got from Sag & Aftra, has her down as an actors
Agent, and she said this wasn't true, so I didn't see any point in having this conversation
and I said ok I'm sorry to bother you. and I hang up. she called me back, and she was angry. I never work for her.
Linda Weaver is a principle owner of Access Talent. I earlier referred to it as Actor's

Access. Actor's Access is a pay site were actor's can post their materials and

self submit for castings.

Congratulations on becoming a member of SAG ! That is a huge accomplishment.

Linda's Agency Access ONLY works with voice-over talent. She does not work

on any on camera projects. In my opinion, she received your materials and liked

your resume and was hoping that you had a voice-over demo. I think her frustration

was more that the union gave you her information without explaining that she

only represents voice-over actors. I would not take it personally. She cannot work

on your behalf without voice-over materials.

I am sorry that you had that experience as I am sure it was shocking. But again,

I would walk away knowing that my headshot and resume were strong enough

to get an Agent to call. That is a positive sign that you are headed in the right

direction. Have you ever explored voice-over ?

Best,

Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much, I sent a lot of resumes and headshots, Linda Weaver was
the only Agent that called me,It did come as a shock, I didn't consider voice-overs
but after that experience, I thought mybe I should do it, I accept you answer, and I
would like to give you a bonus. happy mothers day.
Thank you so much for your generosity. It is very much appreciated.

In terms of getting more acting opportunities, I strongly urge you to sign up for some

one on one's. If you would like suggestions, I would be happy to provide you a list.

Best of luck !

Veronica
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Veronica, yes I would like a list. I have heard of one on one
but I don't know to much about them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Veronica, what do you think of actors connection? I went to them a few times
and they gave me a screentest, I have it on a CD.
Actors Connection is not my favorite, but with that said, I do know of actors that have

done well there. For me, it has a bit of a factory feel to it and I do not get the sense

that they care about the actor.

I do think The Network is a top notch company. I feel that they attract a high level

of Industry professionals and have great opportunities. Take a look at their

schedule at : ( www.thenetworknyc.com )

I also recommend One on One NYC. I feel it too is a well run organization with

consideration for what the actor needs to get a strong start. Their schedule can

be found at : ( http://www.oneononenyc.com )

I am sure you have heard of many of these types of organizations. The most

important quality you want in signing up for this type of auditioning, is the caliber

of professional the organization attracts. I expect you have a subscription to

Call Sheet, if not, you need to sign up. Use Call Sheet to research the professionals

before you sign up for their class. Target Agents that freelance and Casting Directors

that are busy would be best. Also submit for on going local television and film

productions.

I am not sure how long you have been pursing the business, so forgive me if some of

this seems obvious.

If you need more in depth information, and/or information on an Agencies or Casting

Directors, don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps,

Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.