Ask Veronica
Ask Veronica, Entertainment Exec.
Experience:  10+ years as an Entertainment Executive and Industry Insider
64268913

Was the movie The Eye with Jessica Alba just a repeat of the

Was the movie The Eye with Jessica Alba just a repeat of the movie Blink with Madeline Stowe?
Hello and welcome to Just Answers.

Although I too agree that there are similarities between The Eye and Blink, The Eye is not a remake of Madeline Stowe's film. The Eye is actually a remake of a Hong Kong film "Jian Gui".

The major plot difference is that Jessica Alba receives an eye transplant, which gives her a glimpse in to the "supernatural" world while Madeline Stowe witnesses a murder shortly after her eye surgery however, the details are extremely fuzzy and her real world visions are often delayed and come back to her in flashbacks.

Nether Blink or The Eye were a box office success. Please let me know if you need further information on either of these films, or your question. I hope I have answered your question !