Erdaram
Erdaram, Composer, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards
Experience:  I have been Writing, Arranging, Composing, Preforming and Recording Music for 37 years.
25936098

buy berliner grammaphone 7" copy of LIttle Nell

Ii want to buy berliner grammaphone 7" copy of LIttle Nell by Noble McDonald immediately,. He is my great-grandfather The year of record is 1895
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still waiting. I also need to know if there are any other recordings of my great granfather's work under Noble Mcdonald from 1890 - 1930, sheet music, berliner gramaphone recordings, he wass an arranger, lyricis, musical composert and musician. Anything that can be found we want to purchase ASAP. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  Ask Veronica replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Anwers.

I will do my best to answer your question.

I was able to find the following, which is available on amazon.com and I hope your great-granfather is included in the collection.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Berliner-Gramophone-Records-1892-1900-Discographies/dp/0313292175

Berliner Gramohpone Records: American Issues, 1982-1900 (Disccographies)

Just over 100 years ago, Emile Berliner invented the gramophone and disc record. This is the first discography assembled of the first disc recordings in the United States. It documents over 3,000 discs, which were sold to the American public from 1892 to 1900. Listings are arranged by catalogue number and cross-indexed by title, performer, and recording date. The gramophone discs are valuable research tools in the study of popular culture, providing objective data about what was offered to the public, and how it was performed. Since this information has never been published, scholars may well find new materials. Berliner's successor was the Victor Talking Machine Company (an ongoing Greenwood discography series). An introductory essay discusses the earliest years of the invention and the repertoire appearing on the discs. Their physical properties are noted and illustrated with photographs of the records. A descriptive bibliography guides readers to other books and articles of interest. Another section lists Berliner Gramophone records that have been reissued on long-playing and compact discs. This volume will be of interest to gramophone record collectors, record archives, and music libraries, as well as to scholars, music students, and buffs.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I do not want another answer. It is clear no one on your site can help with this. I want to cancel my membership. It was misrepresented and if you do not let me out I will have
Expert:  Erdaram replied 2 years ago.

Sometimes if a recording was not very popular, there may just not have been that many copies made. And if it was popular, copies from that era in specific formats are still pretty few and far between. It is entirely possible, probable even, that what you seek simply does not exist and if it does, it is probably in somebody's basement, garage, attic or collection. We are only able to find what is for sale. If there is not a copy for sale listed somewhere on the internet, we unfortunately can not do magic and make one appear.

If you have accidentally broke the only copy in existence, I am so very sorry. I actually did that once decades ago and it is a pretty heart wrenching experience.

I would like to encourage you that JustAnswer is indeed a legitimate Question and Answer Website and that our experts here are of the highest caliber. It's just that sometimes the answer we come up for you with such as "I am sorry, however there is no copy of the recording you seek listed for sale at this point within any of the far reaching data bases available to us" is sometimes not the answer our customer wants to hear. That is unfortunate, but no reason to get angry with JustAnswer.

I myself have searched available archives and have also unfortunately, for the moment, come up empty handed )-:

All that said, Let me know and I will not send your question to customer service for refund processing as you have requested. If you close this question however, on the remote chance that one of the emails I have sent to archivists and vintage record dealers on your behalf comes back that we have struck Gold, I will have no way to let you know.

It is your decision. I will proceed accordingly upon hearing back from you.

I would also like to open this question to any other expert who might actually be able to locate this for you. Martin, Cher, Tyler... ? Any takers?

Experience: I have been Writing, Arranging, Composing, Preforming and Recording Music for 37 years.
Expert:  Erdaram replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Thank you for accepting my answer however, I have not been able to find what you are seeking... and I unfortunately can't promise I will be able to. I will however, keep looking.

I needed to mention that the forth paragraph of my previous post was supposed to have read

"All that said, Let me know and I will NOW send your question to customer service for refund processing as you have requested. If you close this question however, on the remote chance that one of the emails I have sent to archivists and vintage record dealers on your behalf comes back that we have struck Gold, I will have no way to let you know.

Thanks!