Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst

I AM LOOKING FOR THE NAME OF A SONG AND THE MUSICAL GROUP.

I AM LOOKING FOR THE NAME OF A SONG AND THE MUSICAL GROUP. PROBABLY FROM THE 70'S. IN THE MUSICAL VIDEO AT THE END OF THE VIDEO IT SHOWS A TRAIN TRACK, AND A TRAIN SIGN (LIKE AT A CROSSING) AND AUTUMN LEAVES BLOWING ON THE TRAIN TRACKS. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME??? DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THAT ENDING ON A VIDEO?????? AND CAN YOU REMEMBER THE SONG???????????
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Hello. It does not pop to my mind. Do you remember more about it? What genre of music was it, how many member in the band, in what country it was shot. Any other particular scene or story in the video? Was that a popular song (was it used as a movie soundtrack at one time)? Add any other detail even if it seem insignificant.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This video that I am referring to was always played on MTV so the genre of
music had to be rock and roll I guess? It had to be in the 70's, or early
80's? However I think more 70's. Can't you go to some of the original
workers of MTV and ask if they remember that ending on any of their videos
that they showed? I have nothing more to go on. This is driving me crazy.
I just know that my children were small and watched MTV, so I did too.
(perhaps my oldest son was 10? If so my son was born in 1976, if he was
10 then it would have been around 1986. Or if he was 7 it would have been
1983? HELP??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it was a very popular song at the time. MTV played it a lot. No I do not believe it was ever used in a movie soundtrack. If I recall correctly, the sign was not like at an actual train crossing with that little black and yellow tail that is normal for a train crossing. If I recall it was just a sign on a poll. but I cannot be completely sure.

Gads you are great, you really are trying to help me completely. Someone has to remember that ending because it stood out in my mind every time I saw it, so it has to have stood out in someone else's mind as well? No I do not remember anything else about the video except this silly ending (How crazy is that?) I just also remember that I liked the song as well because it was popular for it's time.

I say it was shot in a studio because it was a grey floor but you could tell it was an indoor floor, as in a studio, painted grey, and very possibly it had a raised platform on the one side where you might have to take 1 step up to be on the passenger waiting platform.

Gads if you solve this mystery it will be a miracle !!!!!
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
I took some time to let me see if it could come to me (like it often do in the shower), but so far nothing. I will try to spark your memory. Review that list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_in_music
It might help you get the a "Aha!" moment. If not there, look the table on the top right and do the same for 1985 and 1987.

If it was popular back then it may be there (even if it's far from a complete list).

Tell me if this trigger additional memory.
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to Just Answer.

Since you're not exactly sure of the year this music video is from, I think this compilation of MTV videos from 1986 (and other years) might help you find what you're looking for. I checked out the first few from 1986 and it wasn't there, but you can scroll down the menu listing the years, on the left hand side and choose a few years to watch the videos from and see if you can find the one you remember. Scroll to the end of the videos to see if the last scene you recall is there, or if the songs trigger your memory when it starts playing.
http://www.mtv.com/music/yearbook/index.jhtml?contentId=1535930

You are right, that the people at MTV should be able to identify this song/video for you from your description of the last scene, or they can check their archives, so here is contact information for MTV, which is definitely worth a try:
http://customerservicenumbers.com/co-mtv

Now, this is bothering me too, and I am going to keep researching this for you! If/when I find it, I will definitely get back to you to let you know your quest is over! Laughing

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click on 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, MENTOR/ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: TV, Movies, Music, Parties, Entertainment Industry Analyst
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't thank you enough by giving me the link to MTV. I hope they can help me. Please do not abandone me. This is going to drive me crazy tillI find the answer. Thank you for the help you already have given me. I am determined. Betty
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Betty and you're most welcome!

Don't worry, I will not abandon you and I will keep researching this for you!

It's my pleasure to be of help to you and I will let you know as soon as I find something. I hope you are successful when you contact MTV. Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Cher